Digital Media – Creative /
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2022, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. With Donald Trump defeated, we’re looking for a team who wants to answer“what’s next?” and to help shape the next chapter of progressive campaigning.
As Priorities’ Senior Editor you will be responsible for making opinion research-driven video content for a wide variety of audiences. You will help us rethink our basic assumptions about video style, production, and distribution.
Here's what you'll do:
- Oversee the completion of a wide range of video assets including 30s, 15s, 06s, and gif-style videos working across multiple projects and quick-turnaround timelines. Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed.
- Collaborate with Art and Copy teams to create develop scripts and treatments into high-quality video content for both scripted and unscripted videos .
- Manage edits throughout the creative development and consolidate feedback from cross-functional teams during the creative approval process. You’ll need to implement feedback and quickly adapt to changing news cycles and polling.
- Design and animate title cards, end cards, and lower third titles.
- Be generous with your talents, identifying opportunities for improvement and cross-collaboration. Mentor and oversee work of junior editors.
- Ensure creative is engaging, accessible, and builds on the messaging we are working to convey. Stay up-to-date on the latest news, creative trends and competitive campaigns.
- Vision. You’ve got a proven record of making evocative videos for diverse audiences and a deep understanding of the knowledge copy in all the ways it shows up online. You’re a talented hands-on creative, who is a highly conceptual thinker, with an elevated taste level. It’s not enough for you to make some text fly in and out, you’re determined to create perfect style for each and every project.
- A flexible and collaborative working style. You can respond and adapt to changes and shifting priorities of a political organization. You should be able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines, and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves. You have the ability to get the work done in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing quality. You’re able to collaborate with art directors and designers to layer on top of existing art direction but you’re also comfortable building an awesome spot without explicit direction in the script.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You’re highly organized and capable of managing multiple budgets, timelines and deliverables, including clear external and internal file management.
- People skills. You’re able to communicate edit decisions to creatives and non-creatives alike. You can communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce, and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Expert command of the tools. You can effortlessly move from After Effects and Premiere and have experience handling your projects off to one of your teammates. You’re a pro with both typography and color and have an understanding of developing effective designs for digital, social, traditional and influencer advertising is key. Experience with Cinema 4D, Element 3D, and Trapcode Particular a plus.
- Passion. You care a lot about the direction of our country. You understand the importance of cultural competencies when speaking to a diverse sets of audiences. You know how to make something that’s both engaging and on message. Experience working in political or non-profit environments is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. The salary range for the position starts at $80,000 commensurate with experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 50% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer contributions, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Please note this is an election cycle position which concludes in November 2022.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, your resume and portfolio.