Digital Paid Media Director
Washington, DC or Remote /
Digital Media – Campaigns /
The Digital Paid Media Director is responsible for building, managing and cultivating the team responsible for the development and successful execution of all Priorities USA’s paid communication programs.
- Recruit, train and cultivate the team of campaign managers who will manage the day-to-day execution of all paid campaigns. You will work with this team to advocate the skills required for them to become holistic digital strategists who can merge project timelines, partnerships, budgets, approvals and feedback, data and targeting, and overall campaign media and creative strategy into successful campaigns.
- Design a team that allows for maximum flexibility, creativity, and cultural competency, specifically as it relates to media buying and in-house creative production, leaning on best practices from previous campaign cycles to establish a new hybrid roadmap for the 2022 cycle.
- Work with the Deputy Executive Director in charge of political and opinion research to develop the necessary polling and analytics insights for campaign development + optimization. You will also work with this person to successfully pass partnership relationships from the cultivation to execution stage, and stay abreast of political landscape so that when a joint buy is executed you are able to successfully own the relationship and success of the program.
- Manage our relationship with relevant vendors and consultants as relevant to the execution of paid programs, with an eye towards cultural competency at all stages.
- Manage our relationship with partner organizations via joint media buys to ensure all stages of the buy run smoothly. You would work in conjunction with the Deputy Executive Director for political to ensure the details of political relationships are well communicated.
- Work with the Deputy Executive Director for Comms + Editorial to set up processes for streamlined strategic, editorial and fact-checking review of all outgoing content. You will also work with this person to ensure all programs are framed appropriately to donors and press.
- Manage operational and programmatic budgets and work with COO and Executive Director to communicate cash flow needs and updates clearly and regularly.
- Stay abreast on changing media landscape and work alongside the political and comms leads to maintain Priorities’s role as a thought leader in the digital media space.
- Maintain a level of flexibility in the specific expectations of this job as the Priorities program takes clearer shape.
- 3-4 cycles of experience working on a political campaign or organization, with at least one cycle specifically managing persuasion and mobilization oriented paid media programs.
- Experience building and managing large, diverse teams, with several layers of management and a strong grasp of effective tools for equitable management, including cultivating and measuring internal growth amongst team members. This position will require managing the growth of your team, and managing across teams in order to be successful.
- A strong ability to adapt polling, data and other insights into a comprehensive political messaging and media plan.
- Experience working with and effectively managing consultants, including collaborating with media consultants, pollsters, analysts, etc.
- Experience managing a fast-changing, multi-faceted operational and programmatic budget. A detailed and curious understanding of the media landscape, including the desire to stay up to date on changes to policies both in the broader media space and political space.
- A working understanding of the independent expenditure and non-profit/c4 space.
- Ability to work well with others - you will be working closely with other members of the senior leadership team in addition to direct reports - internal communications will be critical to making this program successful.
- Strong problem solving skills and interpersonal skills; ability to respond to crises calmly and with poise.
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. The salary range for the position starts at $140,000, commensurate with experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.