Paid Media – Analytics
Itching to use data science to defeat Donald Trump? Looking to develop cutting-edge methods to process and utilize digital analytics? Join Priorities USA as a Data Scientist.
Priorities USA is committed to standing up to Donald Trump in order to build an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. To achieve those goals and win in 2020, Priorities relies on data at every step of the decision-making process.
We’re looking for an individual to join a growing in-house team of data scientists to support those decisions. This team will be responsible for identifying, processing and analyzing the full scope of political, digital and advertising data. As a member of this team, you will work with Analytics Team colleagues on developing research methodologies, implementing those approaches, and providing strategic guidance to the Director of Analytics and senior leadership.
- Conduct custom analyses, all the way from data collection to presentation of final results, with an eye toward scalability.
- Sample projects: How many people will vote in 2020? Which open-ended survey response is a typical reaction to an ad? Which keywords do persuadable voters search for?
- Serve as Priorities USA’s go-to in-house expert on either data science methodology, programming with APIs, Bayesian statistics, or R Shiny/dashboards.
- Partner with external consultants, our Media team and strategic partners to implement the results of analyses.
- Report to the Director of Analytics and collaborate with the Analytics leads and Paid Media team. (Supervisor may change as Data Science team grows.)
- 1+ years work experience in data science, digital analytics or statistics.
- Background in data science methodology.
- Some specialization in programming with APIs, Bayesian statistics, or R Shiny.A desire to develop management experience.
- Fluency in R or Python, or a proven ability to learn languages quickly.
- Experience scraping, munging and analyzing large data sets collected from disparate data sources.
- Expert at prioritizing work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs.
- Familiarity with Git and SQL.
- Previous experience in political campaigns, or a passion for progressive causes.
- Curiosity and passion for digital strategy, or past experience in digital advertising.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. We project the salary range to be $85,000-$95,000, but will be tailored to experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.