Washington, DC - New York, NY - Remote for the right candidate /
Digital Media – Creative /
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2022, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. With Donald Trump defeated, we’re looking for a team who wants to answer “what’s next?” and to help shape the next chapter of progressive campaigning.
As Priorities’ Senior Writer you will be responsible for building and managing a small copywriting team to develop copy for all digital platforms, including video scripts, social copy and text for a wide array of digital assets.
Here's what you'll do
- Partner with the Senior Art Director, and Associate Creative Director, Video Production on all assigned briefs to concept and execute exceptional creative with a focus on scripts, social copy, graphic text, and landing pages.
- Build and manage a small team of expert copywriters. You’ll have strategic and creative oversight of all copy throughout the creative process and will work to uphold high creative standards and advocate for high-quality work.
- Consult with analytics, and paid media teams to gather strategic information and determine the best creative approach, then create messaging and tone that is compelling and on-strategy.
- Manage scripts throughout the creative development and consolidate feedback from cross-functional teams during the creative approval process. You’ll need to implement feedback and quickly adapt to changing news cycles and polling.
- Work alongside producers to select external creative production partners.
- Ensure creative is engaging, accessible, and builds on the messaging we are working to convey. Stay up-to-date on the latest news, creative trends and competitive campaigns.
- Inspire and invest in your team, as well as identifying opportunities for improvement and cross-collaboration.
- Vision. You’ve got a proven record of making evocative creative for diverse audiences and a deep understanding of the knowledge copy in all the ways it shows up online. You’re a talented hands-on creative, who is a highly conceptual thinker, loves the written word and can concept and execute beautiful ideas from strategic briefs. You are ideas-driven and have a sharp perspective on how to capture people’s attention on social media or on streaming platforms. Experience working in political or non-profit environments and an understanding of how compliance to political rules impacts creative is a huge plus.
- A flexible and collaborative working style. You can respond and adapt to changes and shifting priorities of a political organization. You should be able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines, and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves. You have the ability to get the work done in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing quality. You’re generous with your talents and willing to invest in your collaborators and team to help everyone produce exceptional work. Prior experience managing copywriters is a huge plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You’re highly organized and capable of managing multiple budgets, timelines and deliverables, including clear external and internal file management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’re able to communicate strategic rationale to creatives and non-creatives alike. You can communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce, and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences. You know how to lead and collaborate on-set, building strong working relationships with our production partners to ensure that our creative vision and standards and strategic goals are being met.
- Passion. You care a lot about the direction of our country. You understand the importance of cultural competencies when speaking to a diverse sets of audiences. You know how to make something that’s both engaging and on message.
Compensation & Benefits
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. The salary range for the position starts at $90,000 commensurate with experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 50% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer contributions, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Please note this is an election cycle position which concludes in November 2022.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, your resume and portfolio.