Washington, DC or Remote
Political – Political
The Political Director is responsible for a broad range of program objectives to build and strengthen Priorities USA’s political infrastructure. The ideal candidate is a campaigner and a builder at heart with a collaborative working style. They will feel comfortable working with a high level of autonomy and thrive in a fast-paced, ambitious work environment.
They will manage a growing partnership team with a goal of driving new opportunities, deepening relationships with existing partners, and identifying new ways to work with our partners.
- Develop and implement Priorities USA’s broader political strategy, plans and benchmarks in coordination with other Priorities USA’s departments.
- Serve as a Priorities' representative at speaking engagements, meetings and with coalition partners.
- Manage the coordination and assessment of political tables. Includes events and meetings with existing table partners as well as exploring national as well as state table meetings.
- Establish and manage a portfolio of partners and prospective partners with an emphasis on moving them through the partner continuum. This includes: identifying new partnership opportunities, conducting appropriate research, and 1:1 meetings with support from other departments.
- Engaging in industry best-practices (i.e., creating communication strategies, documenting moves and information, initiating and participating in prospect reviews, and documenting pertinent information with colleagues, as appropriate); ensuring collaboration and close coordination with the larger organization; fostering and maintaining productive relationships with staff across the organization.
- Develops relationships and works with allies, including labor unions, progressive groups, and other IE organizations to build progressive strength while representing Priorities USA’s interests.
- Occasional travel to work with partner organizations, allies, and coalitions.
- 5+ years management, community engagement, or equivalent experience with increasing levels of responsibility in federal, state, issue and/or electoral campaigns
- Knowledge of diverse groups and organizations and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation includes a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays, and vacation.