Executive Assistant to the Chair
Executive – Executive
Priorities USA is a voter-centric progressive organization committed to standing up to the Trump administration and its allies in order to build an economy that provides real opportunities for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. We are seeking an organized and energetic candidate to join our team Executive Assistant to the Chair.
The Executive Assistant’s core responsibilities will revolve around providing top-notch administrative support to the Chairman and Executive Director. Top candidates will be passionate about working on progressive issues in a fast-paced environment and eager to learn on the job.
- Manage calendars and provide administrative support to the Chairman and Executive Director.
- Organize, coordinate and schedule meetings for the Chairman and Executive Director.
- Work with the Finance Director and Deputy Finance Director to confirm fundraising meetings and associated travel for the Chairman and Executive Director.
- Work with the Communications Director and Press Team to confirm press scheduling (including television appearances and meetings with reporters) for the Chairman and Executive Director.
- Take notes at meetings as requested and ensure follow-up items are communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Manage expense reimbursement and other operations-related items and processes for the Chairman.
- Assist with other duties as assigned, including those related to operations and events.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office/Google Office products, especially Powerpoint/Slides, Excel/Sheets, Word/Docs.
- Sense of humor and flexibility.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a role that requires a high level of organization.
- 2 – 4 years of experience as an Executive Assistant to a principal or senior-level staff member.
- Previous work experience on a political campaign or in a political organization with progressive values.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. We project the salary range to be $55,000-$65,000, but will be tailored to experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.