Digital Paid Media Strategist
Washington DC, NY, or remote /
Digital Media – Digital Media /
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2022, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. With Donald Trump defeated, we’re looking for a team who wants to answer “what’s next?” and to help shape the next chapter of progressive campaigning.
The Paid Media Strategist supports the Paid Media Manager on the successful execution of several Priorities USA paid digital communication programs. This person would report to the Paid Media Manager.
- Act as a digital strategist and work closely with the Paid Media Manager to run effective paid media campaigns by working with cross functional teams and stakeholders to manage project timelines, define audiences, ensure relevant data and targeting, and manage your budget and cashflow.
- Draft media briefs to inform paid media strategy and media plans.
- Review and provide feedback on media plans developed by our agency partners.
- Assist with managing vendors and consultants as relevant to the execution of paid programs, with an eye towards cultural competency at all stages.
- Analyze and uplift insights from reporting from agency partners and share the insights with the relevant internal teams.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager for budgeting reconciliation and FEC filing reporting needs.
- Stay abreast of the changing media landscape and recommend programmatic changes accordingly.
- Maintain a level of flexibility in the specific expectations of this job as the Priorities program takes clearer shape.
- At least 1 cycle of experience working with a paid media focus on a campaign or political organization, with some experience focused on persuasion and mobilization oriented paid media programs.
- A desire to adapt polling, data and other insights into a comprehensive political messaging and media plan. A desire to work collaboratively and learn from with media consultants, pollsters, analysts, etc.
- Experience managing a fast-changing, multi-faceted operational and programmatic budget.
- A detailed and curious understanding of the media landscape, including the desire to stay up to date on changes to policies both in the broader media space and political space.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others - you will be working cross functionally with several other members of the Priorities team with different experiences and perspectives and will need to communicate clearly and effectively to be successful.
- Strong problem solving skills and interpersonal skills; ability to respond to crises calmly and with poise.
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. The salary for the position starts at $80,000, commensurate with experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.