Research – Research
The Research Associate will be a critical part of Priorities USA’s Research team. They will assist with Priorities USA’s opposition research efforts and will work to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the organization’s outward-facing content. This position requires extremely strong attention to detail, an aptitude for researching and synthesizing complex information, and a firm desire to take back the White House in 2020.
- Fact-checking Priorities USA materials
- Conducting opposition research on the Trump administration and other Republicans as needed
- Helping to maintain a comprehensive accounting of the actions and policies of the Trump administration
- Vetting participants in Priorities USA projects
- Other assignments as requested
- Professional experience in politics or a similar field is preferred, but not required
- Previous political campaign research experience is preferred
- Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills, including a sharp eye for typos and factual errors
- Ability to work independently and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to keep up with rapid developments in current events and legislation
- Familiarity with LexisNexis, campaign finance filings, and other common political research resources is a plus
Compensation includes a competitive salary (between $60,000 and $66,000, tailored to experience) and a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.