Communications – National Communications
Priorities USA is a voter-centric progressive organization committed to standing up to the Trump administration and its allies in order to build an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
The Press Intern will support the communications team’s efforts to keep the public informed about Priorities’ work developing a winning message and digital strategy for progressives, as well as Priorities’ commitment to defending the fundamental right to vote for every American. As an intern in the communications department, this individual will assist in the day-to-day operations of the press shop and gain valuable experience working for a political advocacy group.
Primary responsibilities for the position will include daily monitoring of media mentions, relevant national and local news compilation, and assistance in the writing of internal memos and external press releases. Furthermore, the press intern will support the team’s efforts to maintain effective communication with our partners and with the American people. Additionally, they will assist the communications team with administrative tasks as needed.
- Applicants must demonstrate a passion for progressive politics as well as a deep interest in the news and the developments of political campaigns.
- They must be familiar with news organizations, preferably national as well as local outlets, and they must be ready to track, clip, and disseminate media coverage of Priorities’ work and other notable coverage of key political developments.
- They must also demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills.
- Previous political campaign experience is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with MailChimp and other newsletter-designing softwares.
- Spanish Language Skills.
This is a paid part-time or full-time internship based in Washington D.C. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.