Michigan Content Producer
Communications – State Communications
We’re looking for a Content Producer to join our growing team, someone who can find, develop, and tell stories across multiple channels.
The right candidate for this position is a storyteller, someone who can tap into local communities and find real stories from real people that showcase how Donald Trump’s policies have affected them. If you’re someone who loves talking to people and drawing out the most interesting stories, this role is for you.
This is a distinct opportunity to shape the conversation on the ground, in the local media, and to help inform voters ahead of the election.
You’ll be joining a new communications team, one that bridges the divide that’s existed for too long between press and digital communications. We’re focused on communicating with voters, using every tool and tactic we can. This will mean working through traditional press, digital organizing, organic content creation, and working with our paid ads program to communicate directly with targeted voters.
- Field production: Locating, interviewing, and recording real people’s stories about the impact of Donald Trump’s policies on their lives.
- Developing and creating written and visual content based on key messaging for persuasion and mobilization voters in targeted media markets.
- Connecting with subjects to establish the necessary trust to help tell their stories.
- Partnering with on-the-ground groups and organizers to identify potential stories and track issue trends.
- Working closely with the national paid media team to integrate on the ground communications with the larger advertising strategy.
- Managing a production budget.
- Creating and maintaining localized Facebook groups as a platform to share content with audiences.
- Disseminating content across multiple channels, including digital, organizing, and press.
- Monitoring social media to track stories and online conversations in order to shape stories and content ideas
- Performing other duties as assigned
- We are seeking candidates that excel in content creation and production, is a natural storytelling, and has strong project management skills. You should have:
- Worked as a content producer for 2-4 years
- Experience working on political campaigns or with advocacy groups
- Ability to work fast under pressure and support many simultaneous projects. With multiple projects moving at once, organization and communication skills are critical.
- Rapid response video production and basic editing skills
- Familiarity with a wide range of communications tools and tactics, spanning press, organizing, and digital advertising
- A really good story teller. More than jargon, you know how to say things to an audience that is actually resonant to them, and is not just political speak.
- Ability to think outside the box. This is a disruptive program with the goal is finding the best way to get a message to voters, not delivering messages through pre-determined methods and tactics.
- Ability to work well with others. As a member of a two-person in-state team, you’ll need to collaborate regularly to achieve your shared goal.
- A strong commitment to electing Democratic Leaders
- Experience working in Michigan is strongly preferred
- An eagle eye for detail – You noticed the typo in this bullet
- Must have reliable transportation
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and two samples that showcase your work.
We project the salary range to be $65,000-$75,000, but will be tailored to experience and includes a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.