Competitive Media Analytics Manager
Washington, DC or Remote /
Polling & Analytics – Analytics /
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2022, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. With Donald Trump defeated, we’re looking for a team who wants to answer “what’s next?” and to help shape the next chapter of progressive campaigning.
As Priorities’ Competitive Media Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for building, maintaining and distributing a detailed understanding of the advertising landscape across federal and statewide offices. You and your team will build and automate data pipelines, create machine learning models, keep your fingers on the pulse of online advertising, identify and integrate new data sources, and provide automated reporting and written guidance to Priorities’ leadership, partners and the press. You will leverage the insights derived from your analyses to advise Priorities and partners on where additional resources are needed. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of political advertising and the technical skills to implement their insights at scale.
- Create and manage data pipelines to ingest and process spending and ad data from multiple sources on an automated basis.
- Develop taxonomies for ad issues, purposes, tones and languages, and use statistical models to categorize ads into the different classes.
- Package the competitive analytics findings by creating visualizations, memos and presentations that will be surfaced to leadership, partners, donors and press, including briefing Priorities USA leadership.
- Ensure a high-level of accuracy through regular quality control.
- Provide strategic guidance on optimizing our media spend given the competitive environment.
- Report to the Director of Analytics and provide additional support to the analytics team as required.
- Oversee an analyst to support the tracking and coding of advertisers and ads.
- 3+ years of experience in data, analytics, polling, or a similarly analytical field.
- Experience building and managing API integrations and other automated data flows.
- Significant past experience working with digital marketing/advertising data, including deep knowledge of the Facebook Ad Library and the Google Transparency Report.
- Past experience working on political campaigns or in progressive advocacy. You have an instinct for when the math is “right” but the answer is wrong given the political context.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You notice when numbers don’t add up, and look into why not.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Fluency in R or Python, and SQL.
- A passion for data visualization. You like making clear, clean and stunning graphics.
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree in statistics or political science.
- Familiarity with Git, or experience with other version control systems.
- Some personnel management experience: anything from managing an intern/fellow to a small team is welcome.
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. We project the salary range to be $95,000-$110,000, but will be tailored to experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.