Deputy Research Director
Research – Research
The Deputy Research Director will play an integral role in the day-to-day functions of the Research team. They will help to coordinate and execute Priorities USA’s opposition research efforts and will work to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the organization’s outward-facing content. This position requires previous political research experience, extremely strong attention to detail, and a firm desire to take back the White House in 2020.
- Thoroughly fact-checking Priorities USA products, including paid media, press releases, and opinion research materials
- Formulating opposition research hits and chasing down leads against the Trump administration and other Republicans as needed
- Maintaining a comprehensive accounting of the actions and policies of the Trump administration
- Vetting participants in Priorities USA projects
- Helping to manage a team of researchers
- Preferably two cycles of political campaign research experience; at least one cycle is required
- Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills, including a sharp eye for typos and factual errors
- Ability to work independently and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to keep up with rapid developments in current events and legislation
- Familiarity with LexisNexis, campaign finance filings, and other common political research resources is a must
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Compensation includes a competitive salary based on experience and a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.