Washington, DC /
Operations – Operations /
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2022, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. With Donald Trump defeated, we’re looking for someone who wants to answer “what’s next?” and to help shape the next chapter of progressive campaigning.
As Priorities’ Operations Manager, you will be responsible for supporting operations across Priorities USA and it’s Partner Organizations, Priorities USA Foundation and Priorities USA Action. The Operations Manager will work with the media team to streamline media operations and billing, and will support the maintenance of efficient systems for financial management, human resources, and administration for a growing team. This position will report directly to the COO.
Digital Media Operations
- Create and maintain an organized system for managing billing and reconciliation with media vendors and resolve discrepancies with vendors and media teams to ensure reconciliation timelines are met.
- Manage information and reporting from the media team in order to provide accounting with accurate data for FEC reporting.
- Manage media vendor contracts.
- Support budget management by the media team to ensure cash flow projections are accurate and up to date for an evolving program.
Administration & Finance
- Work alongside the COO to ensure compliance with nonprofit and campaign finance regulations.
- Manage administrative vendor platforms and troubleshoot challenges.
- Work with the external IT consultant to maintain cyber security, manage inventory and employee technology, and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Maintain internal document storage, organization, and access to information.
- Ensure the office space (planning to open January, 2022) is functional and lead on supply management and inventory.
- Support hiring, onboarding, and offboarding to provide clarity and structure throughout the employee life cycle.
- Assist the COO in ideation and development of equitable and inclusive personnel policies.
- Coordinate organization wide activities, events, and staff appreciation.
- Proficient skill level in excel - ability to present financial data in an organized and digestible format.
- 2+ years of operations experience on a campaign, nonprofit, political organization, or political consulting firm. Experience in digital media operations is a plus.
- Integrity to manage confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Comfortability with technology and virtual communication systems, including zoom, google suite, slack, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work cooperatively across teams and with external consultants.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage projects, plan backwards, anticipate obstacles, troubleshoot, and make judgment calls as needed.
This position will be based in Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. The salary for this position starts at $80,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 50% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer contributions, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Please note this is an election cycle position which concludes in November 2022.