Washington, DC /
Operations – Operations /
The Fundraising Associate is responsible for supporting all fundraising activities across Priorities USA and its Partner Organizations, Priorities USA Foundation and Priorities USA Action. The Fundraising Associate will keep internal donor management systems updated and organized, schedule internal and external meetings and travel, and handle general administrative duties. The Fundraising Associate will also support Priorities USA and consultants’ fundraising efforts by generating ideas for external communications; drafting emails, memos, briefings, and marketing materials; assisting with donor research, as well as making calls and sending follow up communication to donors as requested by staff and consultants. This position will report directly to the COO and work closely with organizational leadership and the external fundraising consulting team which manages donor relationships.
Organization, Logistics and Donor Record Maintenance
- Manage logistics for all in person and virtual donor events and coordinate fundraising related travel logistics for organizational leadership.
- Support organizational leadership in preparing for fundraising meetings, presentations, and events, including drafting invitations, briefings, follow up materials, call sheets, and thank you notes.
- Send communications, including the newsletters and news articles, to donor email list.
- Maintain donor database with updated donor information and meeting notes, and generate lists from NGP and other outlets.
- Work with the fundraising consulting team on donor research.
Grant Management and Reporting
- Prepare grant reports and proposals, which includes writing drafts, coordinating internal review, and preparing all information in accordance with funder requirements and deadlines.
- Maintain a centralized database of donation information and manage an organized repository of grant language and related information.
- Work with the operations team to verify restricted grant spending.
- Collaborate with the consulting team on fundraising strategy in alignment programmatic goals.
- Coordinate internal teams to develop and/or provide narratives and metrics for compelling donor- facing materials and communications, and facilitate updates and feedback as programs evolve.
- Coordinate the expansion of our mid-level donor program, which includes generating ideas for materials and events tailored to the program and managing donor correspondence, in collaboration with the fundraising consultants.
- Work with the consulting team to plan donor-facing events and programs both in-person and online.
- Experience fundraising for a campaign, nonprofit, or political organization for 2+ election cycles.
- Ability to develop compelling grant reports and proposals, and oversee all aspects of the grant reporting process.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency in excel and/or google sheets.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work cooperatively across teams and with external consultants.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage projects, plan backwards, anticipate obstacles, troubleshoot, and make judgment calls as needed.
- Familiarity and comfort with donor databases, NGP and EveryAction preferred.
- Previous donor relationships are a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
This position will be based in Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. The salary range for the position is $65,000 - $75,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 50% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer contributions, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.