Washington, DC or Remote /
Political – Training & Partnerships /
Priorities USA is deeply committed to reducing the knowledge gap in the political advertising space, broadening the pool of people who understand best practices in digital strategy and can run effective, authentic campaigns. A key component of this is our 2022 Fellowships program -- a class of full-time, paid Fellows that work in-house with Priorities’ paid media, research and analytics teams to develop the skills and experience that will set them up for success in the digital political world.
As the Priorities USA Fellowships Manager, you will be responsible for making that happen, from managing a hiring process to training and programming to supporting our Fellows in finding post-Priorities employment. You’re someone with a deep commitment to reducing inequities in the political space, a comfortable understanding of the operation of campaign and political organizations, and a love for building skills and training people.
- Manage the hiring, placement and onboarding of Priorities’ 2022 Fellows (class of 6 full-time, paid fellows)
- Support Fellows through regular check-ins and craft programming and curricula for Fellows to maximize the learning experience
- Work with internal department heads and stakeholders to identify tasks that are appropriate for Fellows while providing meaningful value to the overall work of Priorities, and ensure internal stakeholders have the support they need to work productively with their teams’ Fellow(s)
- Proactively work with external partners to identify job opportunities and facilitate post-Fellowship job placements
- When necessary, support the other work of the partnerships team, including communication with external partners and development of training materials.
- At least 2 years experience managing interns, fellows, volunteers or entry level staff. You find value in helping others grow.
- A deep commitment to undoing systemic inequities -- especially in the political space -- and a familiarity with practices to mitigate bias in hiring and managing.
- Familiarity with the political/campaign landscape. You have a base level understanding of the structure of a political campaign and the kinds of roles different people and organizations play.
- Experience developing and leading engaging, effective training sessions and building skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and stay on top of responsibilities.
- Professional communication skills.
Additional qualifications (Nice-to-haves)
- Passion for the Internet and understanding of the digital ecosystem. You know that digital is the next frontier to reach voters and win elections.
- Experience with live trainings and comfort in front of an audience.
- Experience managing an organization-wide program—from initial conception through execution.
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of our Washington DC office, which opens in January 2022, with occasional travel if job requires. Please note that while we will have an office, we will maintain flexible remote work options. We project the salary range to be $80,000-$100,000, but will be tailored to experience.
Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 50% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer contributions, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Please note this is an election cycle position which concludes in November 2022.