Senior Data Scientist
Washington, DC or Remote /
Polling & Analytics – Analytics /
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2022, and supporting and improving the progressive movement's use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. With Donald Trump defeated, we’re looking for a team who wants to answer “what’s next?” and to help shape the next chapter of progressive campaigning.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Priorities, your primary responsibility will be to provide thoughtful and timely analysis that helps the organization answer key questions about which voters to talk to and what elements of our program are particularly impactful. You will be absolutely essential in ensuring that Priorities runs rigorously tested, experimentally-informed campaigns that maximize our impact in the 2022 election.
- Serve as Priorities USA’s go-to in-house methodologist, and make recommendations on the types of data and methodologies needed to answer strategic questions.
- Lead in-house custom analyses, all the way from data collection to presentation of final results, with an eye toward scalability.
- Work with a Measurement Associate to implement experiments.
- Evaluate the quality of data sets and gather data from additional sources as necessary.
- Manage any modeling projects and review models Priorities has access to in order to ensure they are high quality, and provide feedback for improvements if necessary.
- Maintain a documented analysis codebase that can be scaled across various members of the team.
- Partner with external consultants, our Media team, and strategic partners to design experiments and implement the findings.
- Report to the Director of Analytics and collaborate with teams across the organization.
- 2+ years work experience in data science or statistics.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate with stakeholders with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Previous experience in political campaigns, or a passion for progressive causes.
- Fluency in R or Python, and familiarity with Git.
- Experience scraping, munging, and analyzing large data sets collected from disparate data sources.
- Expert at prioritizing work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs.
- Experience working with other teams to design and build models to shape voter universes and messaging campaigns.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Management or informal mentorship experience.
- Curiosity and passion for digital strategy, or past experience in digital advertising.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
Compensation & Benefits
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. We project the salary range to be $95,000-$110,000, but will be tailored to experience.
Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 50% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer contributions, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.