Washington, DC or Remote /
Polling & Analytics – Analytics /
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2022, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. With Donald Trump defeated, we’re looking for a team who wants to answer “what’s next?” and to help shape the next chapter of progressive campaigning.
As a Targeting Associate at Priorities you will have a crucial role in our voter communication and paid media operations. You will work closely with the paid media team to analyze the 2022 electorate and develop voter universes that will be used by Priorities and our partners. You will be the expert in our audience composition and how a dynamic environment is shifting the electorate.
- Analyze the 2022 electorate to understand which voters need communication and identify the programs, issues and ads that are most persuasive.
- Collaborate with creative strategists, media planners, and buyers to target those voters by providing descriptive personas of the types of voters we need to reach, cutting lists and evaluating digital targeting strategies.
- Work closely with other team members to develop data and technical infrastructure and other tools to ensure findings are used to inform future strategy more easily and more effectively.
- Partner with the Measurement Team and consultants to ensure targeting complies with experiments Priorities is running to measure the effectiveness of paid media tactics.
- Produce clear, concise, and actionable documentation for other teams at Priorities USA, the press, and progressive organizations we partner with.
- 1+ years work experience in data science, analytics, or political targeting.
- Fluency in SQL.
- Experience with R or Python, preference for experience with tidyverse packages or pandas module.
- An understanding of and interest in interpreting statistical models and analyzing survey data.
- Experience using data and numbers to formulate insights, and communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter who is curious enough to answer big questions and realistic enough to deliver answers that are applicable and actionable.
- Creative thinker and problem solver with a passion for Democratic causes and candidates.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Familiarity with marketing and advertising, especially in a cross-functional environment, like an agency or campaign.
- Experience making maps, visualizing data, and presenting technical information to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- An understanding of paid media or an interest to learn the practice.
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. The salary range for this position is $65,000-$80,000, but will be tailored to experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 50% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer contributions, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.