Director of Analytics
Washington, DC or Remote /
Polling & Analytics – Analytics /
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2022, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. With Donald Trump defeated, we’re looking for someone who wants to answer “what’s next?” and to help shape the next chapter of progressive campaigning.
As Priorities’ Director of Analytics, you will be responsible for building and leading a small team of analysts and data scientists to support our research efforts, advertising campaigns, and progressive partners. You and your team will analyze the full scope of political and advertising data. You will help set the focus of the Analytics Department, ranging from individual-level modeling to creative testing and field experiments, and resource allocation to competitive tracking. We are looking for someone with a vision for political analytics and the experience to implement it.
- Hire and manage a small team (1-5) of analysts and data scientists, and supervise the work product of and relationship with vendors.
- Develop and use statistical models to identify audiences, and work collaboratively with media strategists to implement the most efficient targeting strategies to reach them.
- Design, execute and analyze field experiments to help inform our and partners’ paid media strategies.
- Administer a large-scale ad testing program, and advise peers and leadership on top performing creative.
- Serve as Priorities USA’s go-to in-house methodologist, and make recommendations on the types of data and methodologies needed to answer strategic questions. Lead all in-house custom analyses, all the way from data collection to presentation of final results.
- Analyze the effect of advertising on election results to improve our resource allocation processes.
- Create tools to closely track the online advertising landscape across hundreds of political and surfacing insights to leadership, partners, and press.
- Package the findings of the analytics team by creating visualizations, memos and presentations that will be surfaced to leadership, partners, donors and press.
- 5+ years of experience in data, analytics, polling, or a similarly analytical field.
- 2+ years of experience managing and/or mentoring analytics professionals.
- Past experience working with marketing/advertising data.
- Past experience working on political campaigns or in progressive advocacy. You have an instinct for when the math is “right” but the answer is wrong given the political context.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You notice when numbers don’t add up, and look into why not.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Expert/fluency in R or Python, and SQL.
- Significant experience with at least two of: survey design and analysis, machine learning, optimization algorithms, APIs & data ETL, and experimental design & analysis.
- A passion for data visualization. You like making clear, clean and stunning graphics.
- Expert at prioritizing work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs.
- Experience managing consultants. You know when a project should be done internally versus outsourced to a vendor.
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree in statistics or political science.
- Familiarity with Git, or experience with other version control systems.
- Curiosity and passion for digital strategy, or past experience in digital advertising.
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. We project the salary range to be $120,000-$140,000, but will be tailored to experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.