Paid Media – Analytics
Priorities USA is committed to standing up to Donald Trump in order to build an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. To achieve those goals and win in 2020, Priorities relies on data at every step of the decision-making process.
We’re looking for an individual to join a growing in-house analytics team as part of the Priorities USA Fellowship Program. The Targeting Fellow will help us define and understand the audiences we are communicating to, and analyze the full scope of political, advertising, and digital data. As a member of this team, you will learn targeting strategies, practice implementing those approaches, and provide guidance to Priorities’ Analytics, Media and Creative teams.
- Support Data Director on specialized targeting and audience requests by analyzing the 2020 electorate to understand which voters need communication and identify the programs, issues and ads those voters would respond best to.
- Work closely with Targeting Associates to support data and technical infrastructure and other tools to ensure findings are used to inform future strategy more easily and more effectively.
- Partner with the Experiments Team and consultants to ensure targeting complies with experiments Priorities is running to measure the effectiveness of paid media tactics.
- Produce and maintain clear, concise, and actionable documentation for other teams at Priorities USA and progressive organizations we partner with.
- Self-starter who is curious enough to answer big questions and realistic enough to deliver answers that are applicable and actionable.
- Creative thinker and problem solver with a passion for Democratic causes and candidates.
- Previous experience on political campaigns, advocacy work, public service or a demonstrated commitment to progressive causes.
- Experience with or an interest in learning R or Python, and SQL.
- Experience with or interest in working with data stored in relational databases to inform strategic decisions.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
This is a paid position with full benefits. Fellows will be paid at an annual rate of $50,000.Please apply by April 1st, 2020 and include a cover letter with your application to tell us more about why you're excited about digital ads and why you want to learn more about what we do.
People of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and people without a higher education degree are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need accommodation for disability to apply for this position, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.