Digital Training Associate
Washington DC, NY, or remote /
Political – Training & Partnerships /
Priorities USA is deeply committed to expanding knowledge of digital best practices in the political advertising space. In 2022, we will run a robust training program that gives political spenders the tools they need to run smart, effective, research-based campaigns while staying on top of the constantly changing digital ecosystem.
As the Priorities USA Digital Training Associate for the 2022 election cycle, you will support the work of the training & partnerships team by helping develop materials, plan and execute trainings, manage communication and provide ad hoc support to progressive digital spenders. You’re someone with a deep understanding of how campaigns can use digital advertising to accomplish their goals, who is comfortable in front of an audience, and who shares Priorities’ deep commitment to breaking down barriers in the digital space.
- Support the development of training materials around digital advertising best practices, which may include: reviewing past research and programs, working with Priorities staff and legal counsel for content review, and developing accessible, attractive training materials.
- Manage the logistics of setting up and executing large-scale online trainings.
- When necessary, lead training sessions and facilitate breakout groups.
- Work with Priorities’ internal paid media to support coordinated ad programs with partners.
- Answer questions from other digital spenders at all different levels of technical sophistication around best practices, program specifics, and the competitive landscape.
- At least 2 years of experience in either digital advertising or political campaign work, with at least 1 year of experience in political digital advertising specifically. You understand the tools available to campaigns, the pros and cons of each, and how digital ads fit into a campaign’s larger goals. You’ve set up and run enough cross-platform ad campaigns that you can troubleshoot a program.
- Experience developing and leading engaging, effective large-scale webinars, training sessions and skill-building, with specific experience facilitating virtual trainings (on Zoom or another platform).
- Familiarity with political research and testing.
- A deep commitment to undoing systemic inequities, especially in the political space.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and stay on top of responsibilities.
- Professional communication skills.
- Some experience with firewalled programs, whether on the coordinated or independent side. You understand what might make a firewall necessary, and what kinds of communication are and aren’t allowed as a result.
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of our Washington DC office, which opens in January 2022, with occasional travel if job requires. Please note that while we will have an office, we will maintain flexible remote work options. We project the salary range to be $70,000 - $80,000 (annualized), but will be tailored to experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 50% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer contributions, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Please note this is an election cycle position which concludes in November 2022.