Senior Writer — Bilingual (English/Spanish)
New York, NY
Paid Media – Creative
Priorities USA is looking for a Senior Copywriter (Bilingual — Spanish/English) to join our creative team for the 2020 political cycle. You will be responsible for concepting creative and developing copy for all digital platforms in both Spanish and English, including video scripts, social copy and text for a wide array of digital assets.
The ability to deliver concise and engaging copy in both languages — and a proven track record of reaching Latinx audiences in the digital and/or broadcast space — are musts. The flexibility to adapt to the frequently shifting priorities and demands of a political organization is key. An overwhelming, borderline-obsessive desire to defeat Donald Trump helps!
You'll be required to...
- Partner with art directors to write, concept, develop, and oversee high quality creative for the 2020 political cycle in both English and Spanish.
- Execute scripts and copy for ad campaigns designed to reach a wide array of audiences across America, including Latinx audiences.
- Review work from junior writers and production partners and provide feedback to ensure that copy is effective, engaging, audience-appropriate, culturally competent, on-brand and on-message.
- Implement feedback from cross-functional teams and quickly adapt to changing news cycles and polling results.
- Review Spanish-language work from outside partners and provide feedback with specific attention to fluency and cultural competency.
- Translate English-language copy for Spanish-speaking audiences across multiple states.
- Communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce, and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- 5+ years of experience as a writer in an ad agency, entertainment, media or political/non-profit environment.
- A passion for storytelling and the ability to translate strategy into compelling, narrative-driven content.
- A deep, nuanced understanding of Latinx audiences, and a strong portfolio that demonstrates the ability to develop and execute creative concepts that reach these audiences in the digital and/or broadcast space.
- Proven ability to execute high-level work in English and Spanish in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to pitch and sell your creative ideas to larger internal teams.
- An interest in progressive politics, and an understanding of, or desire to learn, the nuances of political campaigns.
- Deep and unyielding desire to defeat Donald Trump at the ballot box in November.
Salary range: 90-100K
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio.