Deputy Press Secretary
Communications – National Communications
Priorities USA is seeking a Deputy Press Secretary to support the national communications team in drafting press materials, conceptualizing and pitching stories, booking media appearances and conducting the organization's response to developments in the news. This role will report directly to the Communications Director.
- Drafting and editing press materials (including press releases, newsletters, and background documents).
- Conceptualizing and pitching stories to reporters.
- Acting as an on-the-record spokesperson for the organization.
- Oversight of press clippings and media monitoring.
- Managing the press email inbox and working with the Communications Director to direct and respond to incoming press inquiries.
- Maintaining and creating press lists for proper messaging targeting.
- Press intern hiring and management.
- Assist the Communications team with event planning and execution including regular press briefings.
- Assisting the Director of Strategic Communications with media bookings for Priorities USA officials.
- Help manage subscriptions, billing and miscellaneous admin work supporting the communications team.
- 1-2 years experience in communications.
- Strong writing and editing skills and close attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once without sacrificing quality.
- Familiarity with newsletter developing software such as MailChimp.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Powerpoint.
- Fluency in Spanish (written) is a plus.
- Familiarity with newsletter-developing software such as MailChimp.
Compensation includes a competitive salary between $55,000 - $65,000 based on experience and a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.