Washington, DC - New York, NY - Remote for the right candidate
Paid Media – Creative
Priorities USA is looking for a Digital Copywriter to join our creative team for the 2020 political cycle. You will be responsible for developing voices for campaigns on social media, collaborating on strategies to engage audiences across platforms, and writing copy for a wide array of digital assets.
The ability to craft engaging, accessible social-first copy that compels readers to engage with content and take action is a must. The flexibility to adapt to the frequently shifting priorities and demands of a political organization is key. An overwhelming, borderline-obsessive desire to defeat Donald Trump helps!
You'll be required to...
- Work with creative directors, strategists and art directors to develop social voice, strategy and creative assets for national and state-level ad campaigns.
- Craft concise and compelling copy for social feeds.
- Collaborate with designers to develop copy for other social assets — including social statics and GIFs.
- Write copy for other digital assets — including display ads and landing pages.
- Implement feedback from cross-functional teams and quickly adapt to changing news cycles and polling results.
- Communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- 3+ years of experience writing and/or managing social media accounts for established brands, non-profits or political campaigns.
- A deep understanding of social platforms and ability to build relationships with audiences across multiple channels.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates the ability to develop and execute high-level work in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for storytelling and the ability to translate strategy into compelling, social-first copy.
- Ability to meet multitask and turn around high-quality work on tight deadlines.
- An interest in progressive politics, and an understanding of, or desire to learn, the nuances of political campaigns.
- Deep and unyielding desire to defeat Donald Trump at the ballot box in November.
Salary range: 80-90K
Compensation includes a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit your portfolio and resume.