Senior Art Director (Bilingual – English/Spanish)
New York, NY
Paid Media – Creative
Priorities USA is looking for a Senior Art Director (Bilingual – English/Spanish) who is curious, highly-motivated, and passionate about using their creative talents to defeat Trump in 2020. You’ll be supporting one of the largest persuasion and mobilization campaigns in politics – a year-round effort to talk to key groups of voters.
Reporting to the Associate Creative Director (Art), you will be responsible for concepting creative for all digital platforms in both Spanish and English. The ability to deliver concise and compelling creative in both languages — and a proven track record of reaching Latinx audiences in the digital and/or broadcast space — are musts. The flexibility to adapt to the frequently shifting priorities and demands of a political organization is key. An overwhelming, borderline-obsessive desire to defeat Donald Trump helps!
You'll be required to:
- Partner with copywriters, designers, and producers to concept, develop, and execute high quality creative for the 2020 political cycle in both English and Spanish.
- Oversee creative concepts from ideation to execution and ensure all assets are beautiful, compelling, and culturally competent for a wide array of audiences, including Latinx audiences.
- Implement feedback from cross-functional teams and quickly adapt to changing news cycles and polling results.
- Review Spanish-language work from outside partners and provide feedback with specific attention to fluency and cultural competency.
- Communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce, and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest news, creative trends and competitive campaigns.
We're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as an art director in an ad agency, entertainment, media or political/non-profit environment.
- A highly conceptual thinker with a passion for art, design and film that can execute beautiful ideas from strategic briefs.
- Deep knowledge of digital, social, traditional and influencer advertising, with proven experience developing and producing successful 360 campaigns
- A deep, nuanced understanding of Latinx audiences, and a strong portfolio that demonstrates the ability to develop and execute creative concepts that reach these audiences in the digital and/or broadcast space.
- Proven ability to execute high-level work in English and Spanish in a fast-paced environment. You’re a hands-on creative with an excellent command of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and presentation software such as Keynote, Powerpoint, and Google Slides. AfterEffects is also a plus.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to pitch and sell your creative ideas to larger internal teams.
- Highly collaborative, positive attitude and forward-thinking.
- An interest in progressive politics, and an understanding of, or desire to learn, the nuances of political campaigns.
- Deep and unyielding desire to defeat Donald Trump at the ballot box in November.
To apply, please submit your portfolio and resume.
Salary for this position will be $90,000-$100,000 but will be tailored to experience. Benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note that this is an election cycle job that concludes in November 2020.