Remote (US Time Zones) /
Privacy Dynamics’ mission is to empower innovative and ethical data teams by improving their ability to generate high quality anonymized data.
Personal data is being collected and used everyday. 87% of U.S. citizens are identifiable by as few as three common data points. Meanwhile, now 66% of countries around the world have legislation in place to protect our personal privacy.
Every organization now shares data privacy concerns when they collect and use customer data. In fact, 55% of all data collected by companies is currently dark data; meaning that despite good intentions, usage is murky, and attempts to anonymize the data has yielded mediocre results at best. Until now, anonymized data has struggled to achieve a level of accuracy necessary for deep analytical insights or reliable machine learning.
Privacy Dynamics is working to make anonymized data just as useful as the raw data it’s derived from, while minimizing the growing number of regulations and risks that data teams need to account for every day.
We believe our micro-aggregation process provides engineers and analysts with the most accurate anonymized data possible, giving them confidence to use it for internal analysis, machine learning, or publishing to partners.
Privacy Dynamics is backed by a passionate group of investors (Root, Crosscut, Upside Partnership, Slack, Data Community Fund, and Aviso Ventures) and angels with experience building and leading companies like Looker, Signal Sciences, Auth0, Flatiron Health, Puppet, and Square.
Why we're hiring for the role
We are seeking a Data Scientist who will work under our Director of Data Science and Director of Engineering to support the advancement of our mission to build rigorous privacy management tools through research, analytics, and software development.
As a Data Scientist, you will participate end-to-end designing and building innovative data privacy features that help customers achieve their data use goals. You will work on projects that will have a high impact on our customers and internal team, and you will participate in the process from conception to production release.
What we're looking for
- BS in data science, statistics, applied math, or computer science (with relevant practical experience or coursework).
- Excellent statistical skills.
- Python programming experience.
- Experience in at least one data analysis language or framework: Pandas (preferred), R, Matlab, Julia.
What you'll work on
- Contribute to data science research and production data science implementations.
- Research practical improvements to performance of data science pipelines.
- Work closely with software engineers to test and integrate features into production releases.
- Author technical documentation to educate and support the engineering team.
- Build processes for testing, visualizing, and validating data processing systems.
Background and necessary experience
- Experience with common software development ecosystem tools: git, GitHub/GitLab, interactive debuggers.
- Experience writing or speaking about technical topics.
- Experience working remotely in a distributed company.
Privacy Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Privacy Dynamics does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate.
Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms. We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest caliber candidates for our business.