Senior Front-end Software Engineer
Remote (US Time Zones) /
Privacy Dynamics’ mission is to empower innovative and ethical data teams by improving their ability to generate high quality anonymized data.
Personal data is being collected and used everyday. 87% of U.S. citizens are identifiable by as few as three common data points. Meanwhile, now 66% of countries around the world have legislation in place to protect our personal privacy.
Every organization now shares data privacy concerns when they collect and use customer data. In fact, 55% of all data collected by companies is currently dark data; meaning that despite good intentions, usage is murky, and attempts to anonymize the data has yielded mediocre results at best. Until now, anonymized data has struggled to achieve a level of accuracy necessary for deep analytical insights or reliable machine learning.
Privacy Dynamics is working to make anonymized data just as useful as the raw data it’s derived from, while minimizing the growing number of regulations and risks that data teams need to account for every day.
We believe our micro-aggregation process provides engineers and analysts with the most accurate anonymized data possible, giving them confidence to use it for internal analysis, machine learning, or publishing to partners.
Privacy Dynamics is backed by a passionate group of investors (Root, Crosscut, Upside Partnership, Slack, Data Community Fund, and Aviso Ventures) and angels with experience building and leading companies like Looker, Signal Sciences, Auth0, Flatiron Health, Puppet, and Square.
Why we're hiring for the role
We are geeks. We are passionate, spirited, individuals that seek fulfillment at work, in an environment that is inclusive and supportive of us as whole individuals. We are motivated to do good work by the mission of the company and work hard to have a hand in improving the relationship between privacy and data that's why we are seeking a Senior Front-end Software Engineer who will focus on bringing future Privacy Dynamics products to life. In this role, you will work alongside some of the top UI/UX designers in the enterprise software industry.
As a Senior Front-end Software Engineer at Privacy Dynamics, you will be an integral part of the core engineering team focused on building exceptional user experiences that distill complex data transformation. From working through early ideas, user testing, and launching products into the market, you will experience the entire lifecycle of building exceptional privacy tools for our customers.
We are looking for a leader with a proven track record of developing enterprise-grade products for technical end-users including data engineers, analytics engineers, and data scientists.
What we're looking for
- At least five years of professional experience as a front-end engineer working on a developer-focused web application.
- An ownership mindset, with a demonstrated track record of delivering against critical business objectives.
- The ability to estimate timelines, set priorities, and collaborate with candor.
What you'll work on
- Develop and implement clean, simple, and powerful enterprise applications that run on AWS.
- Drive the technical exploration and development of integral parts of our stack, balancing short-term goals with long-term scalability.
- Lead technical initiatives partnering with other teams across the company, including Data Science, UI/UX, Product, and GTM in order to build great products for our customers.
You're an exceptional candidate if you
- Love telling stories with data! Our application frontend is critical to make data privacy processes faster, simpler, and more actionable.
- Speak with candor and listen respectfully to other team members.
- Are willing to think differently, test your knowledge, and seek out learning opportunities.
- Thrive in an environment that tests ideas by building and listening openly.
- Keep strong opinions, loosely held.
- Take pride in your work, dig in on new challenges, enjoy the journey, and keep things in perspective.
Privacy Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Privacy Dynamics does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate.
Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms. We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest caliber candidates for our business.