Senior Sales Engineer - DACH
Sales – Pre-Sales /
We are building a small but perfectly formed sales team in Germany and looking for a Senior Sales Engineer with knowledge of the Big Data eco-system to help us define and grow a new category of enterprise data privacy software.
This role will operate fully remotely, with travel to customer sites within Germany expected. To support our existing DACH sales team we would prefer for you to be based in either Munich or Frankfurt.
Privitar is a rapidly growing Data Privacy Enterprise Software start-up based in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organizations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma, and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of sensitive data management, with deep domain expertise in data privacy. The company aims to define and lead this category, capture the market on modern data platforms; and address a social issue of growing importance. Our technology enables organizations to make data available efficiently and safely to drive data-driven decision making, capture value and reduce risk.
Backed by world-leading private equity and venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Crowdstrike, BEA Systems, Slack, Dropbox and Spotify to date we have raised over $150million in funding and have ambitious growth plans, despite challenging economic conditions. In 2020, our team nearly doubled to 200 people and we continue to hire great people. The company was recently lauded by The Sunday Times as one of the “10 Tech Ones to Watch,” ranked #18 on the 2020 Deloitte Technology UK Fast 50 and honored as one of the FinTech50.
- Provide technical sales support to deliver and over-achieve against sales revenue targets
- Demonstrate the key capabilities of Privitar and align them to customers’ objectives
- Build strong relationships at multiple levels of a customer’s organisation
- Deliver technical PoC and present results to both technical and business audiences
- Deliver ROI analysis and business type workshops
- Provide feedback to senior management and product management on feature requirements, value proposition and competitive data
- Help define and respond to RFIs and RFPs
- Act as a technical leader for customers and within the SE team
- Train partners SE and Sales staff
- Be and SME and a thought leader
- Develop world class work product for repeatable success and enable the team to use it effectively
- Be a leader in the team, manage large complex opportunities and initiatives
- Actively coach and mentor other team members
- Act as a practice lead and/or be a publicly recognized thought leader
What you'll need to bring to Privitar
- At least 9 years working within sales engineering for a technology vendor
- Proven track record of leading successful pre-sales engagements
- An proven ability to communicate business value propositions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience working with the big data ecosystem
- Detailed knowledge of the Cloud, ideally AWS, but also Azure and GCP.
- Experience with database schemas and SQL
- Naturally team-oriented with a can-do attitude
- Understanding of information security concepts