Part Qualified Accountant
G&A – Finance /
We are looking for a self-motivated Finance Analyst reporting to the Financial Controller who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt quickly and has a proactive approach. The ideal candidate will be part qualified in ACCA or equivalent, Privitar will support the completion of the qualification.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Privitar is a rapidly growing Data Privacy Enterprise Software company founded in London with US Headquarters in Boston, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organizations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma, and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of sensitive data management, with deep domain expertise in data privacy. The company aims to define and lead this category, capture the market on modern data platforms; and address a social issue of growing importance. Our technology enables organizations to make data available efficiently and safely to drive data-driven decision making, capture value and reduce risk.
Backed by world-leading private equity and venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Crowdstrike, BEA Systems, Slack, Dropbox and Spotify to date we have raised over $150million in funding and have ambitious growth plans, despite challenging economic conditions. In 2020, our team nearly doubled to 200 people and we continue to hire great people. The company was recently lauded by The Sunday Times as one of the “10 Tech Ones to Watch,” ranked #18 on the2020 Deloitte Technology UK Fast 50 and honored as one of theFinTech50.
The candidate will work closely within the Financial Controller in order to ensure timely and accurate close of month end, and taking ownership of various financial control tasks such as payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations.
The finance team is small but with a global presence, where the candidate will need to build strong relationships with third parties across the US, Europe and Asia. A strong understanding of the financial control framework required within a lean finance team is vital for this role.
- Taking ownership on core parts of the month end close process, working closely with external accounting firms and FP&A covering accruals, prepayments review, etc.
- Preparation of monthly payroll and owning relationship with outsourced providers
- Work with operations to understand the billing cycle
- Become the main point of contact for management of the accounts payable cycle
- Closely monitor bank reconciliations, transfer pricing arrangements and fixed assets
- Ensure compliance with IFRS
- Lead ongoing improvements of new accounting system – opportunities to project manage
- Treasury related activities
- Liaise with external accountants to complete audits and annual statutory accounts
What you'll need to bring to Privitar
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Outstanding numerical and analytical skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and comfortable working autonomously
- High degree of proficiency with Excel
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development
- IFRS knowledge (US GAAP beneficial, not essential)
- Adept at using logic and reasoning to work through problems and analyse information
- Previous experience within a software or fintech business is desirable but not crucial
- Degree level education (or fully qualified AAT) and part qualification in ACCA or equivalent (first time passes), with a target to complete this qualification at Privitar.
- 2+ years in a corporate accounting or finance role
- Solid accountancy and excel skills
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.K.
What we give you in return
- Privitar will fund the completion of the candidates professional qualification
- 30 days holiday allowance in addition to UK Bank Holidays. We value work-life balance and encourage team members to take it all.
- Private Health Insurance with Vitality
- We match pension contributions up to 5%
- Stock Options - everyone has a share in Privitar
- 20 weeks full pay maternity leave, 12 weeks full pay paternity leave
- Sickness, Critical Illness, Worldwide travel and Life Insurance
- Technology - company paid for mobile phone and mac.
- Bi-weekly whole company virtual lunch. £20 allowance. Good food, great company
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular virtual socials to keep you and your colleagues connected
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.