Technical Lead - Front End Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Front End Lead to take technical leadership of our UI, as we begin to adopt a React-based stack. We’re doing this because the UI requirements of our existing products have matured significantly, and we have huge ambition to produce innovative new ones. You will play a significant role in building our UI development team and mentoring existing engineers.
Privitar is a rapidly growing VC-backed company based in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organisations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering to serve this emerging business need and address a social issue of growing importance. Our technology enables organisations to safely analyse and mine sensitive datasets while protecting the individual’s privacy.
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers who love to build great products and enjoy immersing themselves in hard data problems. You will be building innovative solutions using the latest technologies to solve one of the most important problems of the big data age.
- Drive the architectural decisions around the UI of our existing and upcoming products
- Technically lead/mentor the front end development team, whilst remaining completely hands-on.
- Contribute to hiring senior engineers
- Define and implement a reusable design system and set of UI conventions across our products.
- Work with our product managers and engineering team to build and roll out reusable UI components that can meet our rapidly evolving product requirements.
- Implementing new product features in React and collaborating with other engineers in writing extensible, scalable and well-tested code.
- Migrating existing UIs to React to provide a consistent and standardised development experience.
- Experience building and leading a UI Development team
- Demonstrable experience of leading architectural design decisions
- Experience building complex, data-heavy applications
- Commercial experience with React and related libraries
- Understanding of semantic and reusable HTML and CSS patterns (e.g. BEM)
- Familiarity with testing libraries and approaches (especially Jest and Cypress)
- Experience supporting and mentoring other engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- Exposure to full-stack or backend development, especially Java
- Complex data visualisation with D3, Canvas, WebGL or similar
- Experience designing application UIs with Sketch, Photoshop, etc
- Previous experience working in a cross-functional, B2B product team
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.