Front End Engineer - React - we are growing the team!
Due to the current coronavirus situation we are now conducting all interviews entirely over video remotely. We are also able to onboard new starters remotely.
We are looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to contribute significantly to the architecture and visual components of a modern, React-based, web stack. We are currently using React in the development of an emerging, greenfield, product, as well as modernising an existing in-production, server-rendered, application. As our existing products have grown significantly, the engineer would be responsible for increasing the reliability and scalability of a web-based application. Additionally, we are actively developing new products and are seeking to develop a modern, rigorous, and sustainable approach to development.
Privitar is a dynamic, Data Privacy start-up based in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organisations worldwide in healthcare, financial services, telecommunications, pharma and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security. Backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Atlassian and Spotify, we have just completed a $40 million Series B funding round, and are in a phase of hyper growth. As we pioneer this new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering, you’ll serve this emerging business need and address a social issue of growing importance.
We are looking for a talented engineer, who loves immersing themselves in complex problems. You will be building innovative solutions using the latest technologies to solve one of the most important problems of the big data age.
Our Tech Stack
Our technology is state of the art, and based primarily on React & TypeScript.
State management: Context instead of global state containers like Redux
Multi-module: Its a multi module codebase with bundle splitting. We have feature modules and design system modules — we have a modern, scalable react application.
Latest API’s: We’re using hooks throughout instead of class components
- Contribute to architectural and technological decisions involved in a modern web-based application (using React, and TypeScript).
- Contribute to the creation and adoption of an internal design system, i.e. a reusable library of visual components.
- Build a user-focused, data-intensive product that our users can navigate and use with ease and accuracy.
- Work with product managers, senior developers, tech leads, and engineering managers, to advocate and communicate our rapidly evolving product requirements.
- Implement new features in existing products, in an extensible, scalable and well-tested way.
- Contribute significantly to the the migration of an existing server-rendered application into a modern web-based stack (i.e. React).
- At least 3 years commercial front-end development experience, of which React is a large component.
- Experience building software which is complex and/or data-orientated.
- Understanding of underlying web technologies, e.g. HTML, CSS, HTTP protocol.
- Familiarity with testing libraries (e.g. Mocha and Jest) and approaches (e.g. unit testing, e2e testing, UI component tests).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in explaining and justifying technologies, patterns, and decisions
- Previous experience working in a cross-functional, product team
- Exposure to full-stack or backend development, especially Java
- Experience using a typed language, especially TypeScript.
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.