Senior Data Scientist
New York, New York /
Technology and Data /
Do you remember that last “A-ha” moment you had? When something that seemed so complex and murky all of sudden clicked into precision and clarity?
Prizeout is delivering these “A-ha” moments daily to our clients, partners, and stakeholders. We want you to be part of that reality.
We have built a team that values humility and innovation. We believe that embracing challenges makes us better. We hire people we trust, who will live these values and who are able to find a way to navigate through obstacles and embody an entrepreneurial spirit while maintaining a spirit of optimism.
If that’s you, please read on and apply today!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As we build out our dev and data teams, we're constantly looking for people who can take our user recommendation and personalization to the next level. We have a unique opportunity to provide users with an enhanced experience by showing them brands and deals most relevant to their interests and purchasing behavior, so optimizing these recommendations is the key performance indicator for success in this role. This means working intelligently to uncover insights otherwise buried in our raw data and helping guide our product and tech teams in building related solutions to increase conversion and enhance user experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Building recommendation, personalization, categorization, and optimization models to help optimize user and merchant experiences
- Preliminary data analysis, external research, feature engineering, and feedback-gathering from experimentation and other internal teams
- Meeting frequently with data, engineering and product teams to share insights, project plan, and fully understand business impacts of data science solutions
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical or quantitative role and/or an advanced degree in a related field
- Experience in data mining, algorithm design, personalization, and strong knowledge of quantitative methods (statistics, machine learning, etc.)
- Software development experience and ability to develop algorithms that can scale (python, etc.)
- Inquisitive and problem-solving first approach, with a strong intellectual curiosity and hunger to learn.
- Team player first and foremost; strong collaborative approach (egos not required) while maintaining a level of self-starter mentality with a get-it-done approach
- Must be willing to work full-time in NYC; this is not a remote role
- The expected salary range for this position is $125,000-$185,000
WHAT IS PRIZEOUT?
Prizeout is an adtech company with a three-sided marketplace that allows consumers to receive earned or allocated funds via digital gift cards. Our commercial partners offer Prizeout as a withdrawal or disbursement method, while brands can digitally advertise and acquire new customers through Prizeout ad campaigns.
Prizeout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.