Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In the last 5 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 to over 30,000,000 students across North America (including 80% of all Ontario students), and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
We’re looking to hire a Design Lead to help design a new product area from the ground up. If you love the idea of owning a core part of a product and rapidly iterating based on user research and metrics, this role is for you. There will also be opportunities to hire and manage other designers very quickly as the Toronto office expands.
You'll work to:
- Work in a cross functional team with product owners, developers, and QA to ensure that we iterate quickly while maintaining an appropriate level of quality
- Engage in user research such as interviews and usability tests to ensure that your designs are solving important user problems
- Be an effective leader to your direct reports and grow their skill sets through one-on-one’s, performance reviews, and career plans
- Reinforce designer processes to promote design consistency, collaboration, and user-centered design
- Incorporate and contribute to our internal design guidelines, ensuring consistency across the entire product
- Work with our web development team in designing a beautiful, responsive website, with a focus on usability
- Help us with designing intuitive features for our web application that make an invaluable difference in our user’s daily lives
- You will work with other designers to collaborate on design decisions and sharpen your skills
- The desire to drive creative decisions through a user-centered design process, including research, ideation, iteration, and validation
- The ability to apply your design skills in product, interaction, and visual design to help create and build new features
- A love of mentorship and the desire to lift up the other designers around you
- Experience leading a small team of designers
- A soft spot for the end user - advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, etc.
- Experience creating wireframes, complex user-flows, and interactive prototypes
- Previous experience collaborating closely with developers, designers, and other team members
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your design expertise
- Willingness to learn and work in a hyper-growth company
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.