Lead 2D Game Artist
Who We Are:
Prodigy is an e-learning company that provides students around the world with a fun, engaging game to practice math skills. We are growing exponentially and have been recognized through numerous accolades including: Fastest-Growing Software Company by Canadian Business, Canada’s Technology Fast 50 and the North American Fast 500, but are humbled by the fact that we still have a long way to go to accomplish our mission of helping every child in the world to love learning. What makes Prodigy a great place to work is not just the health benefits, gym, learning benefits and flexible work hours - but the ample opportunities to grow your career, and have an impact on the lives of millions of students around the world.
Prodigy’s online game has grown from a small-scale application to a widely-used educational MMO, and we need talented artists who can help us mold the game into something bigger and better. As a Lead Artist at Prodigy, you will be focused on the growth of your team, improvement of processes, as well as creation of new features including, but not limited to: map design, character design, concepts for house and map items, NPCs, and animations, all while working alongside like-minded developers, artists and designers. Your role is a split between management, and content production.
The work you do here at Prodigy is not only seen by millions of students, but will aid in the educational advancement of students worldwide. This is your opportunity to add and improve the visuals to our awesome product!
You will lead and support artists by:
- Providing ample critical feedback for improvement, role growth, skill improvements, and etc.
- Push large initiatives for game art and process improvements.
- Work side by side with other team leads to provide maximum growth and improvement within the Game Team.
- Provide new innovative solutions to existing art pipeline.
Work as an artist to:
- Create and maintain new game content, including:
- House items and map elements.
- Character designs and animations.
- Mini-games and core feature enhancements.
- Interfaces, menus and layout designs.
- Member-only game content.
- Work with others to maintaining our art library of over 3000 images.
- Meet with the rest of the game team for planning sessions, designing new features and coming up with new content ideas.
What you'll need:
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong communication skills, and experience with leadership.
- Great understanding of game design and animation principles.
- Understanding the technical limitations dictated by developers and working with restricted colours.
- Great understanding of UI design and clarity of concepts.
- Solid foundation in Animation, Illustration, or similar College/University programs.
- Absolute passion for gaming and game development.
- 5+ Years in the Game/Animation Industry.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Adobe CSS, Tiled, Spine, and/or Toonboom.
- Published or in-progress apps, web games, etc.
- Background in interface design and user-driven UI design
- Experience with pixel art and sprite production.
- Ability and passion for writing and/or drawing.
- Experience with JIRA, agile development methodologies.
- Managerial experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.