VP of Engineering
In the last 6 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 to over 50,000,000 students registered globally. We are currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America, with offices in Burlington, Toronto and India. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning, while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Prodigy is a product-centric company with a rapidly-scaling engineering team, and we need someone with experience to help us build it into a world-class department. This includes increasing our productivity and quality, supporting our team members’ development, and being the voice of engineering within the larger company.
Prodigy currently has over 200 people, and we plan to continue doubling every 6-12 months. Come help us build an amazing Engineering department.
- Help drive development process changes to facilitate growth
- Coach a team of developers and managers
- Work with developer leadership to promote and maintain long range planning
- Work with company leadership to ensure that strategic technology decisions are reflected in company planning
- Aid in hiring efforts for key development related roles
- Follow industry trends and ensure that Prodigy continues to be a technology leader in our industry
What You'll Need:
- Experience leading an engineering department with at least 50 people in your direct reporting structure
- 8+ years of overall professional software development experience, including 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager or technology lead
- Experience managing technical output and performance
- The ability to drive change throughout the larger organizational structure as needed in order to accomplish the company’s higher level goals
- Demonstrate evidence of a strong managerial background, including effective coaching, fostering candid feedback, and having a strong growth mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication
Bonus Points For:
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
- A strong passion for education
What We Offer:
- Full health benefits (from day one!)
- Gym & learning fund
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Snacks & coffee
- Games & ping pong
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.