Sales Account Executive - SaaS
Salt Lake City, UT /
Sales – Retain Sales /
ProfitWell is the leader in subscription monetization and retention. We help companies, from scrappy startups to brand-name enterprises, get the most out of their subscription offerings.
As an AE selling our suite of SaaS products, you’ll become an expert on the subscription universe across industries and use that knowledge to work through transactional sales cycles with the market’s top brands, including Fortune 500 companies.
What you’ll do...
• Once our BDR team identifies qualified, prospect client opportunities, you’re responsible for taking over the conversation and relationship building. This position will support our Retain product
• Serve as an expert on our suite of SaaS products, answering client questions on churn, retention, and revenue recognition
• Build rapport and ask digging questions to further qualify client opportunities and establish executive alignment
• Identify stakeholders (Champions, Decision-Makers, Legal, Procurement, Finance, etc.) and determine best practices for navigating and influencing the conversation
• Work collaboratively with other departments across ProfitWell to ensure product and client alignment
• Improve our sales funnel by bringing your innovative ideas to the table
This might be a good fit if you...
• Have a background in Tech and/or SaaS sales with 1+ years' of experience closing deals. Net new closing preferred
• Are in a role that requires you to know when and how to close, to develop and execute on a joint execution plan, and to create urgency where there may not be urgency organically
• Bring prior experience selling to C-suite, VC, or other stakeholder executives at a company, building trust and connection
• Have very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Innately embody a mindset that there’s always more to learn, being unafraid of feedback, and knowing when to ask for help. You feel comfortable in a coaching and mentoring environment.
• Are comfortable working in the gray rather than the black and white, and are excited to work autonomously, proactively asking for guidance when needed, and being a self-starter
Why our culture is unique
Working at ProfitWell will feel different than what you’re used to, because we’re creating a culture that we believe high performers want to work within and thrive. This culture has tradeoffs you should be aware of though:
• You're open and honest. We deeply care about finding truth, giving feedback, and exploring ideas in an environment where everyone has a seat at the table and no one is inherently correct because of a title. This often leads to discussions and debates where the emphasis isn’t on decorum, which we’ve come to learn isn’t an environment where everyone thrives.
• You believe in building stuff people actually want and need. We feel building phenomenal products is an imperative, not an aim. The tradeoff is we can come across too intense.
• You're resourceful and like to put ideas into motion. We give the entire team full context on the business, considerable freedom, and a vast playground to take ownership. If you are not hyper conscientious and pretty resourceful, you are unlikely to thrive in this environment.
• You like open discussion and friendly debate. We are intensely open minded and not easily offended. The tradeoff is that we risk unintentionally, easily offending others.
• You look for the best in people. We try exceptionally hard to give people the most charitable interpretation in their views and opinions. Sometimes this means we’re just plain naive and need to be educated. We crave this education and guidance on where we’re lacking.
In this environment, you’re going to have days that are difficult, but most days will be exciting. We know we’re not for everyone and that’s ok.
You’ll love us because of these essentials
• Competitive salary and bonus structure, plus equity in a thriving company that’s 100% employee-owned
• Flexible hours and unlimited vacation (that you can actually take)
• Premier medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Paid family leave
• Training, professional and career development support - your success is our success, we invest in our employees!
• Working with top software brands and in-the-news companies
And other fun stuff…
• Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks, including cold brew coffee on-tap
• Dog friendly office
• In office games, meditation room, and other amenities to help you decompress at work
• Frequent company and team outings, including kayaking, hiking, retreats, trivia, and other events for bonding, blowing off steam and "just because"
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
ProfitWell is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe diversity is critical to our success. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ProfitWell will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified people with documented disabilities.