Product Advocate - Sales
Boston, MA /
Product Development – Product /
ProfitWell is the leader in subscription monetization and retention. We help companies, from scrappy startups to brand-name enterprises, get the most out of their subscription offerings.
The Product Advocate will deeply empathize with our users, become an expert in our products, and help drive revenue. Your primary job will be to develop an expert level understanding of our customers and the problems that keep them up at night. You'll then use these learnings to inform the product development, and help the sales team drive revenue.
By working closely w/ the product and engineering teams, you'll have direct influence on the product roadmap, as well as coordinate engineering resources to help the sales team. You'll then serve as a domain and product expert to assist our sales team in closing deals and implement our products.
This unique role will be an intensive two year experience which builds on the foundation of product management skills, while earning sales like compensation. Do this for a couple of years and you can chose your own adventure. You'll have acquired the skills to take on Product Management, Sales Engineering, or even Enterprise Sales.
What you’ll do
• Empathize with and develop a deep understanding of our customer's problems better than anyone
• Use these insights to inform the product roadmap for various product and process improvements
• Drive the technical implementation of our suite of SaaS products (Retain, Recognized, etc.) alongside our Account Executive team, respond to client objections/inquiries, and resolve product support-related questions
• Participate in weekly "chat duty" alongside product team to provide high quality, consultative support to our users
• Identify friction in the sales funnel and drive product improvements to increase average time to close
• Conduct data analysis in Excel to pull together post-free trial reports that demonstrate the ROI and business value of our products
• Report back to rest of Product Team with customer feedback, including technical requests, suggestions for new features/functionalities, limitations with the current products, etc.
• Report into our Product Lead who sits in the Boston HQ; achieve variable compensation based on Sales Team's performance
• Create and improve product documentation including but not limited to maintaining the knowledge base, informational videos, and implementation guides
• Coordinate engineering resources as it pertains to our enterprise level prospect
This might be a good fit if you...
• Care deeply, genuinely and passionately about building great products and solving problems for customers
• Are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
• Are a naturally empathetic and articulate communicator
• Aren't afraid to interpret data, quickly get up to speed, and provide value to the greater team
• Bring an efficiency in Excel, bonus points if you have experience with SQL
• Are interested in a career path in Product Management, Enterprise Sales, or Sales Engineering
• 0-1 years of co-ops/internships or work experience in product, data analysis, or consulting
Why our culture is unique
Working at ProfitWell will feel different than what you’re used to, because we’re creating a culture that we believe high performers want to work within and thrive. This culture has tradeoffs you should be aware of though:
• You're open and honest. We deeply care about finding truth, giving feedback, and exploring ideas in an environment where everyone has a seat at the table and no one is inherently correct because of a title. This often leads to discussions and debates where the emphasis isn’t on decorum, which we’ve come to learn isn’t an environment where everyone thrives.
• You believe in building stuff people actually want and need. We feel building phenomenal products is an imperative, not an aim. The tradeoff is we can come across too intense.
• You're resourceful and like to put ideas into motion. We give the entire team full context on the business, considerable freedom, and a vast playground to take ownership. If you are not hyper conscientious and pretty resourceful, you are unlikely to thrive in this environment.
• You like open discussion and friendly debate. We are intensely open minded and not easily offended. The tradeoff is that we risk unintentionally, easily offending others.
• You look for the best in people. We try exceptionally hard to give people the most charitable interpretation in their views and opinions. Sometimes this means we’re just plain naive and need to be educated. We crave this education and guidance on where we’re lacking.
In this environment, you’re going to have days that are difficult, but most days will be exciting. We know we’re not for everyone and that’s ok.
You’ll love us because of these essentials
• Competitive salary and bonus structure, plus equity in a thriving company that’s 100% employee-owned
• Flexible hours and unlimited vacation (that you can actually take)
• Premier medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Paid family leave
• Training, professional and career development support - your success is our success, we invest in our employees!
• Working with top software brands and in-the-news companies
And other fun stuff…
• Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks, including cold brew coffee on-tap
• Dog friendly office
• In office games, meditation room, and other amenities to help you decompress at work
• Frequent company and team outings, including kayaking, hiking, retreats, trivia, and other events for bonding, blowing off steam and "just because"
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
ProfitWell is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe diversity is critical to our success. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ProfitWell will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified people with documented disabilities.