Growth Marketing Manager - Audience Development
Boston, MA /
Growth – Content Marketing /
ProfitWell is the leader in subscription monetization and retention. We help companies, from scrappy startups to brand-name enterprises, get the most out of their subscription offerings.
ProfitWell is the leader in subscription analytics and growth strategy. We help subscription companies, from scrappy startups to brand-name enterprises, optimize every part of their business. Our team is in the midst of launching ProfitWell Recur, the only media network dedicated to the world of subscription businesses.
We seek an entrepreneurial marketer focused on driving subscriber growth and engagement for Recur. You’ll have the opportunity to build a new media brand from the ground up—but will need to balance both execution and longer-term strategic thinking to do that.
As our Audience Development Manager, you’ll partner with our Senior Growth Manager to identify opportunities, create experiments, and build scalable marketing programs across non-paid channels. You’ll develop data-driven strategies to increase subscriber acquisition and community engagement with Recur content. This member of our team will be both an analytical problem-solver, and a creative thinker who’s unafraid to try offbeat experiments.
What you’ll do
• Identify gaps and improvement opportunities across the channels ProfitWell uses to reach its subscribers
• Based on analytics and audience research, develop a messaging strategy to better engage our existing audience, and outline a plan for testing your ideas and assumptions
• Produce positioning and copy using our vast array of original content, including video shows, blogs, podcasts, audiobooks, and more
• Own the creation and execution of a unified content marketing calendar, ensuring that campaigns are launched and new content is published
• Build a social media strategy aligned with Recur’s audience and market trends, leveraging both branded accounts and influencers on the ProfitWell team
This might be a good fit if you
• Have 5+ years of experience developing marketing strategies across email, social media, content, etc.
• Have worked at a media brand, or another company that distributes large quantities of multimedia content
• Are excited to roll up your sleeves and do things yourself: writing email copy, running a report, designing a workflow. You might not have mastered a certain task before, but you know how to get the job done.
• Are comfortable using various tools to analyze and test marketing activity: HubSpot, Google Analytics, email automation, CRM systems, social media management, etc.
• Innately understand that crazy ideas shouldn’t be shot down—they should be tested
Why our culture is unique
Working at ProfitWell will feel different than what you’re used to, because we’re creating a culture that we believe high performers want to work within and thrive. This culture has tradeoffs you should be aware of though:
• You're open and honest. We deeply care about finding truth, giving feedback, and exploring ideas in an environment where everyone has a seat at the table and no one is inherently correct because of a title. This often leads to discussions and debates where the emphasis isn’t on decorum, which we’ve come to learn isn’t an environment where everyone thrives.
• You believe in building stuff people actually want and need. We feel building phenomenal products is an imperative, not an aim. The tradeoff is we can come across too intense.
• You're resourceful and like to put ideas into motion. We give the entire team full context on the business, considerable freedom, and a vast playground to take ownership. If you are not hyper conscientious and pretty resourceful, you are unlikely to thrive in this environment.
• You like open discussion and friendly debate. We are intensely open minded and not easily offended. The tradeoff is that we risk unintentionally, easily offending others.
• You look for the best in people. We try exceptionally hard to give people the most charitable interpretation in their views and opinions. Sometimes this means we’re just plain naive and need to be educated. We crave this education and guidance on where we’re lacking.
In this environment, you’re going to have days that are difficult, but most days will be exciting. We know we’re not for everyone and that’s ok.
You’ll love us because of these essentials
• Competitive salary and bonus structure, plus equity in a thriving company that’s 100% employee-owned
• Flexible hours and unlimited vacation (that you can actually take)
• Premier medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Paid family leave
• Training, professional and career development support - your success is our success, we invest in our employees!
• Working with top software brands and in-the-news companies
And other fun stuff…
• Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks, including cold brew coffee on-tap
• Dog friendly office
• In office games, meditation room, and other amenities to help you decompress at work
• Frequent company and team outings, including kayaking, hiking, retreats, trivia, and other events for bonding, blowing off steam and "just because"
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
ProfitWell is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe diversity is critical to our success. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ProfitWell will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified people with documented disabilities.