Analyst, Business and Pricing Strategy
Boston, MA /
Pricing Team – Pricing Analysts /
ProfitWell is the leader in subscription monetization and retention. We help companies, from scrappy startups to brand-name enterprises, get the most out of their subscription offerings.
Collaborating with a Client Strategist (think seasoned account manager + project manager, with strategic chops), you will leverage your data skills, our proprietary algorithms, and monetization best practices to support and solve our client’s most difficult monetization and go-to-market problems.
What you’ll do
• Use your critical thinking and creativity to be the source of devising strategic recommendations for our clients, including go-to-market, monetization optimization, and product development recommendations
• Responsible for cleaning data from disparate sources, including data wrangling and in-depth analysis
• In supporting the Client Strategist, present your data-driven recommendations to C-suite and Senior Executives at a client organization
• Drive project execution, including clearly and concisely communicating with internal and external key stakeholders about project statuses
• Serve as a product owner, taking initiative to drive improvements from the front line, including streamlining processes, building out new capabilities, improving visualizations, creating better storytelling, and everything else that could feasibly make our pricing offering better
This might be a good fit if you
• Have experience with cleaning data and performing in-depth analyses on both structured and unstructured data sets
• Love working with Excel and perhaps have knowledge of tools and languages like Python, SQL, etc.
• Are proactive in problem-solving and comfortable completing tasks with some level of ambiguity
• Enjoy all aspects of strategy development, from experimental design through client presentation
• Bring prior data analysis experience in a professional capacity, preferably in technology, SaaS, consulting, financial services, investment banking, private equity, or other industries requiring critical and strategic thinking
• Have strong communication skills
• Have 2 years of experience
Why our culture is unique
Working at ProfitWell will feel different than what you’re used to, because we’re creating a culture that we believe high performers want to work within and thrive. This culture has tradeoffs you should be aware of though:
• You're open and honest. We deeply care about finding truth, giving feedback, and exploring ideas in an environment where everyone has a seat at the table and no one is inherently correct because of a title. This often leads to discussions and debates where the emphasis isn’t on decorum, which we’ve come to learn isn’t an environment where everyone thrives.
• You believe in building stuff people actually want and need. We feel building phenomenal products is an imperative, not an aim. The tradeoff is we can come across too intense.
• You're resourceful and like to put ideas into motion. We give the entire team full context on the business, considerable freedom, and a vast playground to take ownership. If you are not hyper conscientious and pretty resourceful, you are unlikely to thrive in this environment.
• You like open discussion and friendly debate. We are intensely open minded and not easily offended. The tradeoff is that we risk unintentionally, easily offending others.
• You look for the best in people. We try exceptionally hard to give people the most charitable interpretation in their views and opinions. Sometimes this means we’re just plain naive and need to be educated. We crave this education and guidance on where we’re lacking.
In this environment, you’re going to have days that are difficult, but most days will be exciting. We know we’re not for everyone and that’s ok.
You’ll love us because of these essentials
• Competitive salary and bonus structure, plus equity in a thriving company that’s 100% employee-owned
• Flexible hours and unlimited vacation (that you can actually take)
• Premier medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Paid family leave
• Training, professional and career development support - your success is our success, we invest in our employees!
• Working with top software brands and in-the-news companies
And other fun stuff…
• Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks, including cold brew coffee on-tap
• Dog friendly office
• In office games, meditation room, and other amenities to help you decompress at work
• Frequent company and team outings, including kayaking, hiking, retreats, trivia, and other events for bonding, blowing off steam and "just because"
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
ProfitWell is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe diversity is critical to our success. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ProfitWell will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified people with documented disabilities.