Civil/Structural Design Engineer
Midlothian, VA /
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking a Civil/Structural Design Engineer.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Midlothian, VA (Richmond, VA area).
Key Requirements & Responsibilities:
· Civil/Structural Engineering degree from an ABET accredited undergraduate program
· Heavy focus in structural engineering.
· Position is focused in design engineering for a mid-size consulting firm. Projects are typically small to mid-sized for heavy industrial clients.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to multitask, work on teams and have a love for design work.
· Perform civil and/or structural design duties as stand-alone projects; or as incidental to multi-disciplined projects.
· Assist project manager in developing estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings and other
project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
·Perform field work and technical research
·Maintain project files and documentation using document control databases
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
·Responsible for tracking and complying with scopes, schedules and budgets
·Performing field work in industrial environments to collect design information and verify tie- ins, function and clearances
·Performing temporary field support activities, when assigned, for engineering support during construction
· Assisting engineers with cost and material estimates and preliminary design studies
· Direct interface with clients
· Checking the accuracy and quality of drawings
·Civil/Structural Engineering degree from an ABET accredited undergraduate program
· Preferred coursework in any of the following software: AutoCAD, Revit, 3D CAD, Advance Steel, RISA 3D
· Knowledgeable of basic civil and structural material specifications to the extent that all information required for material purchase, fabrication and construction is reflected on the finished drawings
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Must be results oriented
· Must be a team player
· Must possess uncompromised commitment to quality
· Must be a US citizen, have a Valid Driver's License, Pass a Drug Test & Background Check
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Flexible work schedules, Work life balance, Paid overtime, Performance based bonus, 401K match and Tuition reimbursement.
We hire the best in Engineering & Design! Hands-on experience, years of industry knowledge, continuous training, and commitment to excellence are some of the attributes that make Progressive Design’s professional staff the best at what we do. The company has experienced consistent growth and on-going success from hiring the right people that focus on client success, embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrate the highest integrity.
Progressive Design, Inc. (PDI) is a private, family-owned, Heavy Industrial Engineering & Design Consulting firm that provides valued engineering services. Founded in 1986 by Robert Ranson, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. In 2021, Robert’s daughter and Progressive Design President, Erica Burgess, acquired ownership and established Progressive Design as a Woman-Owned business.
Our team’s knowledge and hands-on experience can take projects from concept to startup. As a full service, multi-discipline engineering consulting firm, we support manufacturing facilities and clients in many key areas including: EPC/Turnkey projects, project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates.
We serve Fortune 500 companies in industries such as chemical, tobacco, power, films, fibers, plastics, paper, pharmaceuticals, metals, food and beverage, and discrete manufacturing.
$34 - $53 an hour
Salary is based on background and years of experience. Engineers are paid straight time for every hour worked. Starting performance bonus is up to 9%.