Midlothian, VA /
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Mechanical Designer. This is a full time/direct hire position. The position ideally will be located in Midlothian, Virginia- (Richmond, VA area) however open to considering hybrid role for experienced candidates.
· Experience in 3D design software, preferably Plant 3D
· Experience performing field work
· Knowledge of heavy industrial process piping design
· Responsible for performing design duties on assigned projects involving process, service and utility piping, supports, HVAC, equipment layout, and other mechanically related design.
· Assist project manager in developing bids, proposals, estimates, scopes of work, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings, correspondence, scope change submittals, and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
· Perform field work and technical research
· Maintain project files and documentation
· Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
· Maintain scope, schedule and budget in assigned areas of responsibility
· Provide guidance and assistance to subordinate staff members on day-to-day matters
· Knowledge of heavy industrial process piping design, experience in an industrial chemical processing environment is a plus
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Plant 3D or similar software
· Working knowledge of incorporating safety, maintainability, constructability, and operational requirements into the design process
· Knowledge of pipe, pipe fittings, valves, piping supports, and insulation used in various industrial applications
· Experience in equipment layout
· Working knowledge in obtaining detailed field dimensions in heavy industrial environments
· Ability to successfully handle multiple projects
· Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Must be results oriented
· Must be a team player
· Must possess uncompromised commitment to quality
· Must be US citizen, Have a Valid Driver's License, Pass a Drug Test & Background Check
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Flexible work schedules, Work life balance, Paid overtime, Performance based bonus, 401K match and Tuition reimbursement.
We hire the best in Engineering & Design! Hands-on experience, years of industry knowledge, continuous training, and commitment to excellence are some of the attributes that make Progressive Design’s professional staff the best at what we do. The company has experienced consistent growth and on-going success from hiring the right people that focus on client success, embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrate the highest integrity.
Progressive Design, Inc. (PDI) is a private, family-owned, Heavy Industrial Engineering & Design Consulting firm that provides valued engineering services. Founded in 1986 by Robert Ranson, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. In 2021, Robert’s daughter and Progressive Design President, Erica Burgess, acquired ownership and established Progressive Design as a Woman-Owned business.
Our team’s knowledge and hands-on experience can take projects from concept to startup. As a full service, multi-discipline engineering consulting firm, we support manufacturing facilities and clients in many key areas including: EPC/Turnkey projects, project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates.
We serve Fortune 500 companies in industries such as chemical, tobacco, power, films, fibers, plastics, paper, pharmaceuticals, metals, food and beverage, and discrete manufacturing.
$35 - $50 an hour
Hourly rate depends on background and years of experience. Paid 1.5xOT for hours over 40. Eligible for up to a 9% performance based bonus.