Construction Managers (Local to Richmond)
Midlothian, VA /
Progressive Design, Inc. is currently seeking entrepreneurial spirited Construction Managers.
Construction Managers are responsible for coordinating and managing all construction-related activities.
Key Requirements & Job Responsibilities:
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience with heavy industrial construction projects
· Be able to work with minimum supervision and have effective communication skills
· Lead the construction team through the duration of construction, testing and commissioning of projects
· Responsibilities may vary depending on client opportunity.
· Act as primary client contact for all project-field activities.
· Lead the construction team through the duration of construction, testing and commissioning of projects.
· Work with the Project Team and hold responsibility to safeguard the overall project schedule and budget.
· Monitor contractors for safe working practices to ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations.
· Conduct site meetings, dealing with Contractor(s) work progress, schedule reviews, and construction coordination.
· Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with safety first, design, budget and schedule, accounting requirements, and quality standards.
· Communicate with appropriate stakeholders involved in projects to ensure mutual understanding of requirements,
resources, progress and barriers.
· Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
· Ensure all construction is in compliance with design specifications.
· Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
· Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost, scheduling, and performance.
· Anticipate, recognize, and identify key project challenges and problems to establish and direct problem-solving objectives and priorities for resolution.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience with heavy industrial construction projects.
· Strong computer skills in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Have knowledge of MS Project, Primavera or similar scheduling software and scheduling protocols.
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
· Strong organizing, planning, prioritization and time management skills.
· Be able to work with minimum supervision and have effective communication skills.
· Able to qualify for work in the field including confined space, climbing stairs and ladders, wearing a respirator, etc.
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Flexible work schedules, Work life balance, Paid overtime, Performance based bonus, 401K match and Tuition reimbursement.
We hire the best in Engineering & Design! Hands-on experience, years of industry knowledge, continuous training, and commitment to excellence are some of the attributes that make Progressive Design’s professional staff the best at what we do. The company has experienced consistent growth and on-going success from hiring the right people that focus on client success, embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrate the highest integrity.
Progressive Design, Inc. (PDI) is a private, family-owned, Heavy Industrial Engineering & Design Consulting firm that provides valued engineering services. Founded in 1986 by Robert Ranson, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. In 2021, Robert’s daughter and Progressive Design President, Erica Burgess, acquired ownership and established Progressive Design as a Woman-Owned business.
Our team’s knowledge and hands-on experience can take projects from concept to startup. As a full service, multi-discipline engineering consulting firm, we support manufacturing facilities and clients in many key areas including: EPC/Turnkey projects, project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates.
We serve Fortune 500 companies in industries such as chemical, tobacco, power, films, fibers, plastics, paper, pharmaceuticals, metals, food and beverage, and discrete manufacturing.
$35 - $60 an hour
Hourly rates vary by years of experience and client project. Eligible for 1.5x Overtime and up to a 9% performance base bonus.