Software Manager (Hybrid)
Seattle, WA /
Engineering & Product /
Our Platform team seeks an experienced Software Manager to lead a team of engineers focused on building and maintaining a safe, reliable, and performant software platform. This position will play an essential role in the success of our projects, from the early stages of solution planning, analysis and design through implementations and operations. As a Software Manager, you will be responsible for managing an Agile engineering team to design and implement our technology platform roadmap and features. You will work with engineers and other product owners to define release plans that meet critical business and technology objectives.
Opala is a healthcare tech startup, combining patient information and establish a complete, individual healthcare profile to improve healthcare outcomes and cost, reduce administrative waste, and enable digital solutions.
If you want to directly impact transforming healthcare through data and technology and have a passion for this space, we'd love to hear from you. In exchange, we’ll also provide great benefits (medical/dental/vision, HSA, 401k, PTO, etc.), competitive salaries, generous stock option plan and opportunities for growth and development.
Our team is based in downtown Seattle, offering amazing views of the Puget Sound, Mt Rainier and the Olympics. We're conveniently located next to major transit lines and a quick walk to Pike Market and Seattle Art Museum. Complimentary perks include onsite bike storage, a beautiful gym and game room, amongst others.
- Hire, lead and manage a 5-10 person software development team
- Develop and deploy high quality, scalable and reliable technical solutions on time and on budget
- Ensure exceptional quality, stability and performance of existing and new systems
- Implement and manage software projects using agile methodology.
- Conduct platform feature definition, backlog refinement and release planning
- Work cross-functionally with our Customer Success team to ensure requirements are captured, prioritized and communicated to appropriate groups
- Work cross-functionally with our Operations team to setup monitoring services and dashboards
- Work directly with Leadership to build a strong product roadmap
- 8+ years professional full stack development experience, including some experience architecting and defining technical specifications
- 4+ years current experience managing teams of up to 10 employees
- Current, hands-on development experience
- Experience building scalable systems and architectures, including cloud-based serverless and/or microservice systems
- RESTful API development experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Data structures and algorithm experience
- Agile development experience, including sprint planning and leading daily scrum meetings
- Agile tooling, such as Jira and/or Git
- Experience managing distributed teams
- Digital healthcare technologies and data standards experience (FHIR)
- AWS and/or Linux
Note: Currently, we are unable to accept applicants residing outside the United States and those working in the US who require visa sponsorship and/or unsolicited C2C/CTH. Thank you for understanding.
Opala is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.