Software Engineer (Remote/Hybrid)
Seattle, WA /
Enterprise Platform and Service Delivery /
Our Platform team seeks an experienced Software Engineer to build and maintain a safe, reliable, and performant software platform. This position will play an essential role in the success of our projects, from the early stages of solution planning, analysis and design through implementations and operations. You will be part of an Agile engineering team, designing and implementing our technology platform roadmap and features. You will work with other engineers and other product owners to meet critical business and technology objectives.
Opala is a healthcare tech startup, combining patient information and establishing a complete, individual healthcare profile to improve healthcare outcomes and costs, reduce administrative waste, and enable digital solutions.
If you want to directly impact transforming healthcare through data and technology and have a passion for this space, we'd love to hear from you. In exchange, we’ll also provide great benefits (medical/dental/vision, HSA, 401k, PTO, etc.), competitive salaries, generous stock option plan and opportunities for growth and development.
Our HQ is based in downtown Seattle, offering amazing views of the Puget Sound, Mt Rainier and the Olympics. We're conveniently located next to major transit lines and a quick walk to Pike Place Market and Seattle Art Museum. Complimentary perks include onsite bike storage, a beautiful gym, a fully outfitted game room and more.
- Partner effectively with PM and other developers to design and implement meeting the spirit of requirements.
- Write code (product and test) to deliver against project timeline, quality, and requirements.
- Design software components (functionality, defect fixes, tests) that form part of a larger solution, in line with team objectives.
- Define test scenarios and test cases to ensure the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- RDBMS experience.
- Experience working with and building enterprise-scale data platforms.
- Strong problem-solving skills and expertise in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience building scalable systems and architectures.
- Server-side application development and cloud technologies.
- Experience using and creating RESTful APIs
Note: Currently, we are unable to accept applicants residing outside the United States and those working in the US who require visa sponsorship and/or unsolicited C2C/CTH. Thank you for understanding.
Opala is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.