ITIL Specialist (Remote or Hybrid)
Seattle, WA /
Technology & Cloud Infrastructure /
Opala is growing and adding an ITIL Specialist to our IT Platform and Service Delivery team. You will be responsible for overseeing the companies ITIL compliance including Change, Incident and Problem Management.
Opala is a healthcare tech startup, combining patient information to establish a complete, individual healthcare profile. This fundamentally improves healthcare outcomes and costs, reduces administrative waste, and enables digital solutions.
If you want to directly impact transforming healthcare through data and technology and have a passion for this space, we'd love to hear from you. In exchange, we’ll also provide great benefits (medical/dental/vision, HSA, 401k, PTO, etc.), competitive salaries, generous stock option plan and opportunities for growth and development.
Our HQ is based in downtown Seattle, offering amazing views of the Puget Sound, Mt Rainier, and the Olympics. We're conveniently located next to major transit lines and a quick walk to Pike Place Market and Seattle Art Museum. Complimentary perks include onsite bike storage, a beautiful gym, a fully outfitted game room and more.
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change, problem and incident management activities
- Leverage a change management methodology, process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Support communication efforts
- Enable the design, development, delivery and management of key communications.
- Assess the change impact
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness, and identify key stakeholders.
- Support training efforts
- Provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated and persistent resistance
- Consult and coach project teams
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into the project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support change, incident and problem management at the organizational level
- Manage the ITIL portfolio
- A solid understanding of ITIL methodology
- Experience with and knowledge of change, problem and incident management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages, establish and maintain strong relationships and influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root-cause identification skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- ITIL certification or designation desired
Note: Currently, we are unable to accept applicants residing outside the United States and/or unsolicited C2C/CTH. Thank you for understanding.
Opala is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.