Remote - United States /
At Projector, our mission is to help people communicate with purpose to effect positive change. We’re building a graphic design platform where anyone is invited to turn their ideas into beautiful visual stories, with tools that are powerful, collaborative, and pure fun. From content creators and small business owners to creative teams looking for a better way to work together, we strive to make it easier for people to connect with their audiences through exceptional design.
Our team is focused on making rich, multimedia graphic design more accessible and more inclusive than it’s ever been, and we need your help to make that a reality.
About this role
We’re seeking an experienced product designer to join our core development team and design experiences that help teams collaborate and work better together in Projector. From functional specifications to user experience and visual design, this role is responsible for many customer-facing experiences and design system components. These responsibilities include existing functionality like story creation and organization, as well as new, upcoming feature areas around team creation and collaboration. The ideal candidate has experience designing modern, customer-friendly information management systems and interfaces, particularly in the context of a responsive web app. The candidate must be passionate about consistency, color use, typography, and have outstanding attention to subtle details. The primary focus of this role will be on desktop web experiences, but familiarity and experience designing touch interfaces and mobile experiences is preferred.
What you'll do
- This role interfaces directly with designers, engineers, customer success managers, and our marketing team to deliver features and product experiences that delight our customers and drive our business forward
- Responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping features focused on team management and collaboration, based on product requirements
- Specific project examples include new interfaces for: story creation and management in the Projector library, creation and management of teams, organizing stories, templates, and resources to support collaboration
- Deliverables include: concept sketches, high-fidelity mockups, and detailed documentation needed for development
Who you are
- Experience and excellence in digital, interactive design, with a portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work
- Proficiency using Figma, Framer, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision and other design-related software
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Experience working within — and extending — design systems and component libraries
- Proficiency in documenting interaction details and visual design specifications
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working on responsive web applications
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate ideas and present your work clearly to peers, customers, and executives
What we offer
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- 401k plan with company matching
- Complimentary One Medical membership
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Stipend for home office or co-working space setup
- Annual stipends for professional development and personal learning
Projector is a place for every story to be told. Our team is diverse, inclusive, and empathetic to one another’s experiences. We're purpose-led, seeking to positively impact our work environment and the world around us, no matter what.
We keep things open. That means transparency from the top-down and the bottom-up. We know that our growth only comes from the people who are doing the work, which is why we value (and encourage) feedback from all team members.
We have flexible work hours. Who decided that good ideas only live between 9am and 5pm? We provide flexible hours to accommodate different schedules of our team because we believe great work speaks for itself.
We’re growing fast. We recently raised our Series B funding and have thousands of customers ranging from leading creative agencies to direct-to-consumer brands and design-forward small businesses.
We offer competitive compensation. We know that a strong team is worth the investment. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, equity packages, and benefits to everyone who comes on board.