Director of Customer Support
Remote, USA /
Customer Success /
Ronin is a mission-driven startup that is creating change for people impacted by cancer. Our design team is developing a data-driven decision platform that supports patients and providers in making the best care choices. We have both the privilege and responsibility to do work we love, with our patients at the heart of every decision we make. You will build and lead a high-performing customer support function that maximizes customer satisfaction.
We are excited to bring on a Director, Customer Support to join our growing team and provide an immediate impact on Project Ronin’s evolution and strategy. We need someone who can showcase leadership skills while bringing first class customer support to our healthcare solution. In this fast-paced role you will be collaborating with Engineering, Product, and Customer Success teams toward shared objectives in order to support cancer care for our customers and patients.
What you will do:
- Oversee inbound troubleshooting and resolution of customer issues across core channels (email, phone, mobile app, customer conversation, website form, etc.)
- Where necessary, directly resolve user inquiries
- Define and monitor escalation process to Tier 2 / Tier 3, as well as reverse escalation (issue caught internally and requiring customer communication)
- Set up and maintain customer support tooling (i.e., ticketing / CRM platform)
- Define and socialize internal processes, severity levels, and response approach
- Build troubleshooting runbooks and FAQ documentation for common customer problems
- Define customer support KPIs and lead ongoing tracking/reporting toward targets
- Aggregate and report key trends to relevant Ronin teams
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and Customer Success teams toward shared objectives (e.g., ticket resolution, process definition)
- Develop and staff coverage plan
- Hire, train, and manage customer support specialists
- Stay abreast of current software functionality, releases, design changes, and new offerings to maintain high quality support
- Develop and administer client satisfaction surveys for feedback on
- Support experience and processesImplementation team, product team, engineering function collaboration
Do some or most of the below describe you? Let’s chat!
- Customer-first attitude and empathy. You have strong customer support experience and you value keeping the customer perspective top of mind.
- Creative problem-solving. You like to address complicated challenges, cross-functional collaboration and using tools to help you succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills / high EQ. You appreciate the value of written and verbal communication to inform, help, and advise users and colleagues.
- Healthcare industry experience. Real deep domain knowledge with the ability to excel in support, processes, workflows, interactions with people and hiring of support consultation.
- Professionalism, perseverance to follow through on hard concepts and a sense of ownership and urgency in problem solving.
Have these skills as well? Even better.
- Leadership experience. Managing 2+ direct reports and experience working with senior executives.
- The ability to get to the root of a customer issue, confidence, patience, tact, and diplomacy (to diffuse difficult situations).
- Experience with process improvement or building out a program from scratch
- Software solution experience. EMR or EHR background, healthcare software experience, or oncology specific background
- Computer science or product management background
What We Offer:
- We’re a remote-first company within the United States
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- 401k through Guideline
- Medical, dental, and vision 100% covered for employees and 70% for dependents
- 100% covered life insurance for employees
- Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation: we encourage everyone to take at least 15 days off per year
- 11 paid company holidays plus a week off during the winter holidays
- All the stipends! Learning & development, internet, cell phone, and team lunches
- Opportunity to work on impactful products in the complex cancer space
Project Rōnin is filling one of the greatest gaps in patient care to date. Our mission is to increase the length and quality of every persons’ life who has been affected by cancer.
This year alone there will be nearly 1.8 million new cancer diagnoses, and the tools oncologists are using haven’t been updated in 20 years. With our platform, communication between patients and their doctors is optimized through an individual care platform that is already having an immediate impact.
Want to learn more?
Avoid the confidence gap. If some of the above describes you, we’d love to chat and see where your skills can add to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.