Principal MLOps Engineer, Data Platform
Remote, USA /
You are an expert software engineer with extensive expertise and experience building robust infrastructure to enable machine learning in production workflows. While you have hands-on experience with some common tools, frameworks, and paradigms used to build an ML platform, you can rapidly switch gears to choose the right architecture and tooling for the job at hand. To the core, you are a backend and platform engineer and architect, who has the skill & experience managing ML platforms and infrastructure used to deliver innovations in machine learning at scale. You understand how to enable different types of stakeholders from data scientists and AI/ML scientists, to data engineers and product engineering teams. Collaborating and educating on best practices and state of the art approaches with other team members is a large part of your workflow and you are comfortable adapting to changing technology in a startup environment. You are able to champion the technical solutions you design, educating your team and the company on the best approaches for particular problems.
Building and deploying a robust, industrial scale platform to deliver Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence to clinicians at scale is key to our success.You will be supporting end-to-end large scale machine learning infrastructure to support complex models and data pipelines. Quality and safety are critical to our mission so the infrastructure you architect and build must support activities like the ability to quickly detect and correct issues in production. You will be in collaboration with product, data science, and engineering to build the most advanced ML platform solutions.
High quality data is at the core of Project Ronin’s mission to change the way cancer is treated. In this role you will be part of the team that ensures performant, reliable machine learning outputs are always available for all of Ronin’s Applications and accelerating innovation in ML and AI. You will have the opportunity to define how to best design the platform and infrastructure for rapid scaling across a multitude of health systems while never sacrificing reliability.
Here’s what you will do day to day:
- Design, Build, maintain, and govern the Ronin ML Platform which includes operationalizing and orchestrating machine learning and natural language models, their inputs, and their outputs.
- Accelerate the translation of AI/ML innovations into production code via infrastructure that can perform at scale and are resilient.
- Design, Deploy and maintain the full ML platform stack including capabilities such as monitoring and data observability, the full model lifecycle, and feature and prediction stores.
- Create and mature CI/CD/CT for machine learning and AI development.
- Deliver solutions that enable scientists and engineers to develop and apply their ML models in light speed using the latest technology frameworks, such as Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, and Kafka.
Does some or most of the below describe you? Let’s chat!
- Expert in building and maintaining robust, large-scale Machine Learning and Data Pipelines designed for scalability, repeatability, automation, CI/CD/CT and accelerated innovation.
- Experience developing end-to-end large scale machine learning integration in a SaaS environment.
- Passion for architecting large systems with elegant interfaces that can scale easily.
- A team player who lives the Rōnin Values and thrives in a diverse and inclusive work culture.
- Experience with healthcare data is a plus.
What We Offer:
- We’re a remote-first company within the United States
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- 401k through Guideline
- Medical, dental, and vision 100% covered for employees and 70% for dependents
- 100% covered life insurance for employees
- Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation: we encourage everyone to take at least 15 days off per year
- 11 paid company holidays plus a week off during the winter holidays
- All the stipends! Learning & development, internet, cell phone, and team lunches
- Opportunity to work on impactful products in the complex cancer space
Project Rōnin is filling one of the greatest gaps in patient care to date. Our mission is to increase the length and quality of every persons’ life who has been affected by cancer.
This year alone there will be nearly 1.8 million new cancer diagnoses, and the tools oncologists are using haven’t been updated in 20 years. With our platform, communication between patients and their doctors is optimized through an individual care platform that is already having an immediate impact.
Want to learn more?
Avoid the confidence gap. If some of the above describes you, we’d love to chat and see where your skills can add to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.