San Mateo, CA
Product and Design
The pace of innovation in cancer treatment has accelerated dramatically in recent years, with new breakthroughs every day and over 600 cancer drugs now on the market. And yet, the technology doctors use to take advantage of these innovations hasn’t evolved in decades. In fact, most doctors still use a software system that was designed in the 1990s for billing and compliance to make life-altering decisions about care.
At Project Ronin, we’re out to change this - fast. Our mission is to dramatically improve cancer care by giving doctors and patients the tools they need to make better decisions about treatment. We’re developing a cancer intelligence platform that provides all the information physicians need, in one place, to assess patient care options and take action. We believe that this technology will allow for truly individualized care and will have an immediate impact on quality of life and survival rates.
We’re building a team of highly motivated, passionate individuals to help us pioneer this new approach to cancer care. Nearly every person will be touched by cancer at some point in their lives, so the potential for our collective impact is vast.
Will you join us?
Our design team is pioneering how physicians and patients interface with life-changing technology. Our team is building systems that will empower oncologists to create individualized treatment plans for every patient. You will have the opportunity to work on the complete life cycle of a product area and design the visual language for the entire platform.
What You Will Do:
- This is an end to end role where you will have an opportunity to change the lives of patients and oncologists on a massive scale, serving millions of people that will entail all of the following:
- Ethnographic research
- Conceptual ideation
- Rapid Iterative testing
- Feature prioritization
- Style guide creation
- Visual designs
- Spec creation
What We're Looking For:
- User first mentality. To us, that means you have successfully led research including user interviews and have effectively implemented products users love.
- Roughly 4+ years of full-cycle product design. This includes everything from user research to concepts to visual design to working with engineering to ensure what gets built is the best it can be.
- Product mindset. You are 90% designer and 10% product manager. You will contribute to the product strategy and have a voice in how the product is built. We need you to think about the product holistically, so we can move fast.
- Award-Winning product designs. You have worked on creating pixel perfect visual design systems and the style guides to accompany them that have greatly impacted the design community with award winning style.
- Endless creativity. We’re working on incredibly hard problems. How can we think differently to best serve our patients?
- Standout teammate. You thrive in a dynamic startup environment and don't think of teamwork and respect as buzzwords.
- Always be designing. This is a core value to who we are as a company and how we operate across all of our departments. We’re constantly designing the best solutions for every problem we encounter.
- Degree in design or comparable experience. We’re passionate about amazing designs created from thoughtful process.
What We Offer:
Our goal is to remove as many obstacles as we can so you are able to do the best work of your life. We offer the following benefits to help you do that:
- Opportunity to make an enormous impact on hundreds of millions of lives, while growing your career
- A team that is passionate about achieving our mission and each other’s success
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter stipend
- Quarterly learning stipend
- Phenomenal location within walking distance to the San Mateo CalTrain
- No meeting Tuesday's for Engineering