Senior Backend Engineer
San Mateo, CA /
You have expert knowledge of modern web applications and have worked with languages and frameworks such as Ruby on Rails (RoR) or Elixir/Phoenix. As someone who can code and architect the backend server systems, practice thoughtful code reviews, and provide mentorship to other engineers, you have the desire and experience to share knowledge with others. You follow engineering best practices when it comes to creating software and you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with other smart but humble engineers in an environment where you feel safe to experiment and innovate. You want to work on a product that has a positive impact on people and their daily lives.
We are a mission-driven startup that is creating change for people impacted by cancer. We’re developing an intelligence platform that provides all the information physicians need, in one place, to assess patient care options and take action. We have both the privilege and responsibility to do work we love, with our patients at the heart of every decision we make. We are passionate about achieving our mission and each others’ success.
We’re ready to make an impact on a 147.3 billion dollar industry. Will you join us?
Here’s the typical day to day of our backend engineers:
- Own what you build as you architect, test and refine Ronin’s product suite.
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our product code base.
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions that will ultimately better the lives of both Oncologists and patients.
- Build a product that our patients and oncologists really love.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Does some or most of the below describe you? Let’s chat!
- 4+ years of experience with Elixir/Phoenix or Ruby on Rails (RoR) or similar. If you don’t have Elixir/Phoenix or RoR experience, you should be willing to learn them.
- Growth mindset. You are excited to learn and keep up with the latest trends in technology.
- Basic knowledge of how to deploy backend stacks (We use Docker and Kubernetes)
- Enjoy mentoring, sharing knowledge and learning from other engineers.
We don’t expect our candidates to fit every requirement listed. We look for people that know they can thrive in a startup environment or are excited to work in that environment. Similarly, you don’t need experience in healthcare. If you have worked in healthcare, that’s awesome, but we are happy to bring you up to speed in the industry. Lastly, we do not require a degree in Computer Science/ComputerEngineering. We’ve found amazing engineers that have them and amazing engineers that don’t.
+ Full-time Only
+ San Mateo, CA
+ Relocation Assistance Available
Project Rōnin is filling one of the greatest gaps in patient care to date. Our mission is to increase the length and quality of every persons’ life who has been affected by cancer.
This year alone there will be nearly 1.8 million new cancer diagnoses, and the tools oncologists are using haven’t been updated in 20 years. With our platform, communication between patients and their doctors is optimized through an individual care platform that is already having an immediate impact.
Want to learn more?
Avoid the confidence gap. If some of the above describes you, we’d love to chat and see where your skills can add to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.