Principal Visual Designer
Remote, USA /
Product and Design /
Ronin is a mission-driven startup that is creating change for people impacted by cancer. Our design team is developing a data-driven decision platform that supports patients and providers in making the best care choices. We have both the privilege and responsibility to do work we love, with our patients at the heart of every decision we make. You will have the opportunity to work on the complete life cycle of a product area and extend the visual language for the entire platform. We are excited to bring on a Principal Designer to join our growing team and provide an immediate impact on Project Ronin’s evolution and strategy. We need someone who can think about the impact that the visual expression of Ronin’s brand makes on the product experience, consider the diverse needs of our various users, while bringing consumer grade design to healthcare. In this fast-paced role you will be collaborating with growth, clinical intelligence, product and design to create a visual language that unifies the product experience to support cancer care for patients.
As a Principal Product Designer at Project Ronin you’ll have a direct impact on the cancer journey for both providers and patients. You’ll be leading the visual design for our product suite serving patients, nurses, physicians, and facility administrators. We need someone who can lead the visual design vision, develop a brand from scratch, extend an existing system to create a unified product experience that people trust. We are looking for a designer who thrives in ambiguity, has a strong human-centered design process, has the desire to learn and collaborate cross-functionally, and designs systematic solutions that are equally thoughtful, elegant, and delightful.
What You Will Do:
You’ll be leading the visual expression of the Ronin brand for our product suite designed for patients, nurses, physicians, and facility administrators with a focus on the following:
- Define and extend the visual design and branding of our product suite to support useful, intuitive and delightful product experiences for our various end users
- Manage a scalable visual style guide across mobile and web interfaces for typography, color, data visualizations, components and layouts
- Deeply understand customers (patients and clinicians) and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback
- Participate in user research, brand iteration, prototyping, final visual design, and handoff to engineering
- Participate in collaborative work sessions with all levels of company stakeholders such as product managers, product growth, clinical intelligence, and engineering
- Communicate design solutions to inform visual design direction across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
What We're Looking For:
- Roughly 10+ years experience in visual branding / style guide development for digital consumer and enterprise products across mobile and web UI (At least 4 years of branding for mobile experience)
- Brand development. Translate brand principles, themes, and moods into strategic frameworks for visual expressions. Experience in the creation and launch of a new visual language or brand.
- Visual Design.Experience developing and managing a scalable visual style guide across mobile and web interfaces for typography, color, data visualizations, components and layouts.
- Designing within existing - and creating new - standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines. Empathy and UX. Understands UX principles and excels at developing a deep understanding of our customer’s needs and defining a visual design system that will enhance the user experience
- High EQ. It’s essential to understand the sensitivity and empathy that goes into designing products for our patients and providers.
- Presentation skills. Coherent, cohesive and clear when explaining methodology and thought process behind design.
- Leadership. Comfortable championing the design language system across products and features to ensure consistency of experience. Set quality standards for visual expression of the brand and managing across products. Lead a team of junior visual designers and mentor interaction designers on visual guidelines.
- Standout teammate. You thrive in a collaborative startup environment and can work with anyone ranging from Dave, our CEO, to our engineers and clinical intelligence team.
Please submit a portfolio with your application
What We Offer:
- We’re a remote-first company within the United States
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- 401k through Guideline
- Medical, dental, and vision 100% covered for employees and 70% for dependents
- 100% covered life insurance for employees
- Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation: we encourage everyone to take at least 15 days off per year
- 11 paid company holidays plus a week off during the winter holidays
- All the stipends! Learning & development, internet, cell phone, and team lunches
- Opportunity to work on impactful products in the complex cancer space
Project Rōnin is filling one of the greatest gaps in patient care to date. Our mission is to increase the length and quality of every persons’ life who has been affected by cancer.
This year alone there will be nearly 1.8 million new cancer diagnoses, and the tools oncologists are using haven’t been updated in 20 years. With our platform, communication between patients and their doctors is optimized through an individual care platform that is already having an immediate impact.
Want to learn more?
Avoid the confidence gap. If some of the above describes you, we’d love to chat and see where your skills can add to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.